Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 zx10r with jardine slip on and-1 +2 gearing. Any suggestions??? I am planning on doing alot of mods to this bike very soon but dont know which to start with, or order i should go. thank you

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
04 zx10r with jardine slip on and-1 +2 gearing. Any suggestions??? I am planning on doing alot of mods to this bike very soon but dont know which to start with, or order i should go. thank you
Hmmm where to begin......are we talking performance mods mainly?

Do you plan on keeping the bike stock length?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Upgrade front brakes....Nissin caliper, good pads, braided lines, PiperCross race air filter, Power Commander, remove secondary throttle plates, custom dyno tune(only like $200-$300 and worth it) and good sticky tires. 1/5th insert if you hate the long throttle twist.
The secondary throttle plate removal is free to do, 1/5th insert is like $25 and a great mod to do for cheap. Brakes though suck badly on Gen1 and Gen2 and you should upgrade that front setup if you have not. A radial master cylinder from Gen2 upwards is cheap used and a great improvement.
At that point you will be good to go for not too much money but will make huge improvements in braking(needed badly) and performance.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Wheels. Magnesiums!
Best mod by far

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
upgrade front brakes....nissin caliper, good pads, braided lines, pipercross race air filter, power commander, remove secondary throttle plates, custom dyno tune(only like $200-$300 and worth it) and good sticky tires. 1/5th insert if you hate the long throttle twist.
The secondary throttle plate removal is free to do, 1/5th insert is like $25 and a great mod to do for cheap. Brakes though suck badly on gen1 and gen2 and you should upgrade that front setup if you have not. A radial master cylinder from gen2 upwards is cheap used and a great improvement.
At that point you will be good to go for not too much money but will make huge improvements in braking(needed badly) and performance.
:+1:

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
upgrade front brakes....nissin caliper, good pads, braided lines, pipercross race air filter, power commander, remove secondary throttle plates, custom dyno tune(only like $200-$300 and worth it) and good sticky tires. 1/5th insert if you hate the long throttle twist.
The secondary throttle plate removal is free to do, 1/5th insert is like $25 and a great mod to do for cheap. Brakes though suck badly on gen1 and gen2 and you should upgrade that front setup if you have not. A radial master cylinder from gen2 upwards is cheap used and a great improvement.
:+2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts