Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do the 520 conversion on my bike. I'm doing the extended Swingarm all plan on drag racing it. So I was wondering which master link is better for a drag race application.... RIVOT, CLIP or SCREW type?
Thanks.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
And the 520 conversion is not meant for drag racing. I wouldn't recommend that chain size on a liter bike for drag purposes.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Rivet... never trust a clip! I would stick with 525 chain size since your going to be taking her to the track

·
Registered
707 Posts
Rivet, always rivet. Clip style are only safe and suitable for bicycles and a lot of knowledgeable and powerhouse cyclists even question the use of them for bicycles too.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Pro-Stock / Top Fuel drag bikes use "non o-ring/x-ring" chains and
use just roller chains, they also use clip type master links.

Clip type master links make it much easier to make sprocket and swing arm changes and also to clean the chain.

Nothing wrong with clip type master links.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Pro-Stock / Top Fuel drag bikes use "non o-ring/x-ring" chains and
use just roller chains, they also use clip type master links.

Clip type master links make it much easier to make sprocket and swing arm changes and also to clean the chain.

Nothing wrong with clip type master links.
I have lost clips with this type of connecting link. More than once. You can safety-wire it, RTV it, doesn't matter, they can and will come off. Then you only have the friction of the pressed link plate holding it in place. Just saying.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Rivet, always rivet. Clip style are only safe and suitable for bicycles and a lot of knowledgeable and powerhouse cyclists even question the use of them for bicycles too.
I never use clip-type on bicycles, either. Use the tool and press on the new connecting link (it's actually a connecting pin with Shimano, SRAM makes a good hybrid clip with a double-reverse connection). You be climbing up a steep hill putting a load of torque on that chain, if it busts you can fall, it hurts, not to mention the chain getting jammed in the derailer.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Rivet. Id stay 525 on the chain though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts