Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didnt want to hi-jack anyone's threads so i moved it to this, but what the f*ck is the deal? year after year after year kawasaki does pitiful in superbike racing. they do good to decent in supersport but not worth a damn in superbike. is it the zx-10 itself? does it not respond well to aftermarket and oem race parts/kits? or is it a poor design with no potential other than a good street bike. Is it the caliber of riders that kawi hire's? because i think to myself how in the hell are the other 3 jap bike mfg's that much better. i like my kawi's but s.o.b im getting tired of getting ribbed by my friends:lol: about how bad they suck on race day

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
who knows, but it is sad to watch them race.
:+1: Especially when non-factory race teams beat the factory efforts of Kawasaki. That should not happen, at least on the consistent basis that it has.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Just tell the people who are messing with you that Kawasaki can't afford to get people like Rossi to race for us because they are spending the money in R&D dept to keep giving us these great machines.

It sounds way better than just saying..."SHUT UP FAQQOT" :thefinger

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Just tell the people who are messing with you that Kawasaki can't afford to get people like Rossi to race for us because they are spending the money in R&D dept to keep giving us these great machines.

It sounds way better than just saying..."SHUT UP FAQQOT" :thefinger
Everyone knows that Kawasaki's are like a raging freaking bull with horns the size of elephant tusks. Honda's and Yamaha's are more like a nice content little kitten. Now, which one is easier to tame?:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
it has to do with money! and were Kawi spends it! superstock is more about the rider and the bike!... superbike is more about the bike and the rider! see my point??????? I.e in superbike he who has the $$$$ wins!!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I agree with Sinner & Racer. Also another issue is the LACK of proper electronics development. It seems that KHI are lacking in experience,
Yamahas and Ducatis are far ahead.

I was reading an article the other day from some journos who rode 4 superebikes, the Kawi was the worst, brutal power spinning everywhere and not holding it's line in the corners etc. The Duc, Honda and Yamaha were pretty good (in that order).

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I agree with Racer too.

If you look at the Canadian Superbike Series, Kawi does extremely well. There are rules that pretty much limit the amount of money the teams can sink into a bike (IE, stock fork housing, no full Ohlins Race forks, etc). Jordan Szoke has won 3 of the last 4 championships on a ZX10.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
It is all about the rider...My buddies have ridden my bike on the same roads and at one point, on one road, I had a better time than 2 of them by a minute and in some cases more...It is about the rider for sure...The bike factor comes in close as well.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
It would be great if they had some more sponsership deals to help out with the funding and got stuck into the electronics side of it as mentioned by other members . Plus being such a great player in all things fast like the trains that they help build , why cant KHI get the electronic whiz kids to help out on that front and save some company face against the other big four , just my :2cents:

·
Registered
683 Posts
First, they need to get away from the "Mitsubishi" ECU's and start using the one's that Suzuki uses where you can at least tune and reflash the stock standard ECU....That's all the privateer race teams do....That's one of the reason's you see so many privateer race teams using Suzuki's only because they are cheap to work on, user friendly and fast as well...

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
First, they need to get away from the "Mitsubishi" ECU's and start using the one's that Suzuki uses where you can at least tune and reflash the stock standard ECU....That's all the privateer race teams do....That's one of the reason's you see so many privateer race teams using Suzuki's only because they are cheap to work on, user friendly and fast as well...
that and the support back when i used to race on Suzuki's you could just call team Yoush and ask for setup help they would hook you up! try that with Attack!!! you don't get much!

·
Registered
571 Posts
that and the support back when i used to race on Suzuki's you could just call team Yoush and ask for setup help they would hook you up! try that with Attack!!! you don't get much!
Attack has been damn cool to me... :wink:

Kawasaki made a pretty decent effort in AMA Superbike last year... very respectable I thought. This year they've obviously downsized but it'll be interesting to see how that works out. It's too bad we won't see the ZX-10 in Superbike this year. Factory Kawi teaming up with Attack racing the 600 will work well imho.:dontknow:

In MotoGP they're just plain outclassed (i.e; OUTSPENT... by a lot). In WSBK I think it's a combination of under-devoloped machinery and less than stellar riders. You put ZX-10's in the hands of any of the top teams and put top riders on them and guess where they'd be finishing? At the top!

As far as club racing, most of the fast guys chase contingency $$. This year with the restructuring among the different manufacturers Kawi's contingency program is looking pretty damn good and as such you're likely to see a few more fast privateers on Kawasakis.

Just my $.02. :mrgreen:

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
68 Posts
Attack has been damn cool to me... :wink:

In MotoGP they're just plain outclassed (i.e; OUTSPENT... by a lot). In WSBK I think it's a combination of under-devoloped machinery and less than stellar riders. You put ZX-10's in the hands of any of the top teams and put top riders on them and guess where they'd be finishing? At the top!

:eek:ccasion1
:+1:

Kawi teams have inconsistent riders that would not perform on any other bike either. No Kawi team (recently) has spent the time to develope a bike-rider synergy like other companies have, namely honda and ducati. As well as the fact that Kawi teams just lack when it comes to r&d on the homefront.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
maybe oneday kawi will invest in some better riders again...it would be nice to watch a race where any of the manufacturers could win at any given time...the only way kawi will win now is if everyone else crashes or blows up and they are the last ones out there...it is sad though to see a manufacturer like that and can't produce good race results...lets see how the race goes tomorrow night

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
I love kawasaki, I mean the power, the edge, everything kawasaki stands for, the style...I mean when it comes to street riding I feel like their is only one bike the zx-10r and nothing else fuc7ing matters. When it comes to racing we are out spent by ALOT, electronics are having a huge impact like said earlier and something Rossi said like they are being used so much and are so important and next year will be even worse. That was a partial quote from the man himself in the racing photo annual by sport rider. I agree with Rossi and it would be very nice to see it be the rider winning consistently then the fuc7ing electronics performing so damn well...I still love kawasaki and wouldn't have it any other way!!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I didnt want to hi-jack anyone's threads so i moved it to this, but what the f*ck is the deal? year after year after year kawasaki does pitiful in superbike racing. they do good to decent in supersport but not worth a damn in superbike. is it the zx-10 itself? does it not respond well to aftermarket and oem race parts/kits? or is it a poor design with no potential other than a good street bike. Is it the caliber of riders that kawi hire's? because i think to myself how in the hell are the other 3 jap bike mfg's that much better. i like my kawi's but s.o.b im getting tired of getting ribbed by my friends:lol: about how bad they suck on race day
Teh Kawasaki team and riders say they are now getting ready to start kicking some serious butt in WSBK :rolleyes:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35782

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Teh Kawasaki team and riders say they are now getting ready to start kicking some serious butt in WSBK :rolleyes:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35782

Ben Spies took a *Brand New* motorcycle he had never ridden before this year and:

Got the pole-
Won race two-
Would have come close to winning or won race one had it not been for Biaggi-

And all of this in front of the best Superbike riders in the world. Team Kawasaki has no excuses, the bike they have has been in development since '08 and still isn't in the lead pack. Sad.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Ben Spies took a *Brand New* motorcycle he had never ridden before this year and:

Got the pole-
Won race two-
Would have come close to winning or won race one had it not been for Biaggi-

And all of this in front of the best Superbike riders in the world. Team Kawasaki has no excuses, the bike they have has been in development since '08 and still isn't in the lead pack. Sad.
How true, "Team Kawasaki' has been getting "ready" to kick butt for the last three generations........:dontknow:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts