Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 10R and sad to say I haven't done much in terms of regular maintenance since I got the bike. I currently have 48,000km (30,000 miles) on it and I bought it at 20,000km (12,400 miles).

A side from the regular oil changes and clean/lube chain, I have replaced the brakes, changed the brake fluid once, adjusted my chain once and that's about it.

I've decided I want to keep this bike for a while longer so I wanted to get some work done to make sure it will continue running well.
What maintenance items should I be looking at doing? I for sure need to replace the air filter. Do valves need to be adjusted? should the plugs be replaced this early? anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
For sure the valve gaps want checking and no doubt with the mileage you have done will need adjusting. spark plugs and coolant-anti-freeze change for sure, air filter wheel bearings steering bearings swing arm bearings are things you can keep an eye on and change just when needed.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
My gen 1 was never out of spec on the valves and I put 70,000 miles on it. Air cleaner pretty easy to do yourself on that bike. I've done 50,000 miles with original fluid in the radiator. no big deal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For sure the valve gaps want checking and no doubt with the mileage you have done will need adjusting. spark plugs and coolant-anti-freeze change for sure, air filter wheel bearings steering bearings swing arm bearings are things you can keep an eye on and change just when needed.
thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts