Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spun my a$$ of yesterday trying to launch my bike...ive run p1, which work great on a well prepped track...but on my local so so track...the p1 is just that, so so...thunking bout getting a hook up which seems to be more forgiving on varying tracks and conditions...What kind of tires you all running.... P1??? Hook up??

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Wife runs a 180 hook up.. PLENTY of contact patch for a 180 tire.
I run a P1 180 and don't spin unless I do a short burnout.
I'd go with the hook up, it is cheap and frek'n works!!
Slezbay has some killer deals on 180 or 190's

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wife runs a 180 hook up.. PLENTY of contact patch for a 180 tire.
I run a P1 180 and don't spin unless I do a short burnout.
I'd go with the hook up, it is cheap and frek'n works!!
Slezbay has some killer deals on 180 or 190's
I'm leaning more and more in that direction....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
same problem. learned too late there are several different compound power one's, had d compound which is for roadracing and spun like crazy all over the track. just mounted 190 hookup on son's ten, picked up 2 lbs over 180 p1, but spinning on motor, gotta hook on juice. the correct p1 is "commercial" and compound box ix blank, unstamped. now they tell me. my bike has always hooked good everywhere on 180 hookup, but no juice. know i had the wrong p1, but my hookup has much more contact than the p1, both 180's.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same problem. learned too late there are several different compound power one's, had d compound which is for roadracing and spun like crazy all over the track. just mounted 190 hookup on son's ten, picked up 2 lbs over 180 p1, but spinning on motor, gotta hook on juice. the correct p1 is "commercial" and compound box ix blank, unstamped. now they tell me. my bike has always hooked good everywhere on 180 hookup, but no juice. know i had the wrong p1, but my hookup has much more contact than the p1, both 180's.
That's funny, I got one of those D version p1's.....same thing spun spun spun..ordered a 180 hook up:thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
My bike don't make the power yours does, but my P1 don't spin at all. I think I seen a B on it some where.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
180/55 hookup

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
im runnin a 180/55 p1 with letter b stamp on the side. its medium compound but hooks up good at the track and lighter than the shinko.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've used M/T's and Shinko's and had really good luck out of both of them on my drag bikes, the M/T's last longer but cost almost twice the price. Don't spend much time in the burn out box with the M/T compared to the Shinko.

·
Registered
104 Posts
shinko hook up 180/55 on my zx10. hooks great at the track, get it nice and warm. on the street, it doesnt hook worth a fxxx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts