Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He weighs 25-27 lbs, he's house broken and very vocal. He tells u when he wants something. He's not very tall and the hair on his back is getting wavy. He is completely black. Any opinions will b appreciated. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking dog. Maybe a Lab/Pitbull mix. You can buy a dog DNA test kit online and find out for sure.
We think he might have some pit in him too! Funny you say that because no one else does really, but we do off an on depending on the day. Everyone... vet included says lab mix, no pit. They say its too early to tell the mix. But TX is pit country, never seen so many!! Why do you say pit?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He has some pit or american bulldog in him.

I have one and would say the ears have a strong resemblence
Does yours have a slow strut? This guy acts nothing like a lab, but I hear pits are very very energetic:dontknow:

·
Registered
36 Posts
... Why do you say pit?
His face looks like a hint of pit-bull because of his nose is a bit short. You also mentioned he's a bit short. It's fun to guess but it doesn't really matter. Life is just better with a dog at your side. Enjoy.

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't see bull dog in him at all. Does he have baby teeth? If so, he's a lab.
?
:
Yea, he still has all of his baby teeth. Probably will get the DNA test eventually like others have suggested. Its fun to guess and see how he changes daily. Who knows what we'll end up with? He's a good boy, that's all that matters.

·
The Pace
6,986 Posts
?
:
Yea, he still has all of his baby teeth. Probably will get the DNA test eventually like others have suggested. Its fun to guess and see how he changes daily. Who knows what we'll end up with? He's a good boy, that's all that matters.
OK. He's pure lab. Do not waste money on dna test. If he's intact he'll get big. But hard to say how big unless able to see parents. Need the fenced yard and must do the daily walks. I crate all my dogs inside at night. Should teach him the crate, but after he learns that the crate is his house in the house and in the car he will be ok with run of the house, AFTER puppy chew stage.

Do NOT let him run the house without supervision during pup chew stage.

You will ignore the above, then you'll see the truth of what I just wrote. lol!

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
OK. He's pure lab. Do not waste money on dna test. If he's intact he'll get big. But hard to say how big unless able to see parents. Need the fenced yard and must do the daily walks. I crate all my dogs inside at night. Should teach him the crate, but after he learns that the crate is his house in the house and in the car he will be ok with run of the house, AFTER puppy chew stage.

Do NOT let him run the house without supervision during pup chew stage.

You will ignore the above, then you'll see the truth of what I just wrote. lol!
:+1: 100% Lab.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comments and opinions so far! Yea Im excited because me and the lady got a little gay small dog 10 mos ago and Ive been wanting a dog that weighs more than 8lbs.lol. Actually found this little guy while walkin my small dog. We think someone just dumped him in our neighborhood.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hes a darn cute little guy. Sounds like hes makin a good dog for you already.
10/4 man.. He is. Don't wanna brag him up but, he's very capable of communicating what he wants. Scratching door, goes to sink when thirsty etc..

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:+1: 100% Lab.
We thought so too maybe, but he's not big enough really. Not even by female standards. Plus, he just doesn't have anything close to a lab tempermant.. Something about the setting of his eyes and ears also look a bit off for him to be 100%. But hell, who knows..like the vet said, we'll know more as he matures.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts