1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I'm shocked!! I don't know what else to say

·
Registered
813 Posts
I could go on for days with thoughts on these topics, because my work is primarily with children. If I had to pick one main problem, it would be the lack of parenting. However, it isn't as simple as "bad" parents. We have so many families in which both parents have to work for there to be food on the table. So many of these folks make one or both of the common and tragic parenting mistakes. They either don't take the time needed, when needed, to teach their children the basics of manners and respect. Or, they try to buy good behavior via "toys." This case sounds on the surface a little strange. So, in all likelihood this child is either chronically mentally ill or there was something very strange occuring behind closed doors. I'm going to stop now.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Hard to know what to do next. Obviously this wasn't because of the game...but rather the child sick and tired of being told what to do by his parents...this is probably the straw that broke the camels back if I had to guess. I would ordinarily say that this guy should fry...but he is only 17. I know when I was 17 I wasn't nearly as bright/mature as I thought I was...so what do you do with a kid like this?

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
it did say the game was lying on the seat of the van
Yes sir...obviously he wanted the game...but IMHO the kid just wanted something he was told he couldn't have...it could have been a pack of cigarettes or a pair of shoes or whatever...it happened to be a game this time.

A bone is just a bone until two lions decide that only one of them is going to walk away with it. So yeah you could read: "Petty lion kills another lion for a mere bone!" Really it is about who will dominate who...the bone is just a trophy for the victor. Kinda what I mean. Just a bone...just a game...but the real fight was over who was going to dominate the situation ya know what I mean?

-Seb

·
Registered
844 Posts
as a parent and a sane person,i personally believe that kids do'n stuff like this are not all there to start with.some of it could be parenting-but not all of it.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
some kids just have really weak minds,.....I think there is a link to these games and the violence that is emerging with this new generation of youth,....from Columbine to this!
they play these games and they are quite addicting...LOL.I know first hand!! but,.they play em all day, or for hours at a time!,.....and they merge the reality of murder with the
rush of a "murder score" and they become desenseitized to the consequence of pulling the trigger in real life!,.........but no doubt not all are affected this way,.......but I say the weak minded or drugged out youth are more prone to this type of thing,..........Sad,.very Sad. I agree though,...the kids snap from a deeper root problem as far as thier mental defects,.......parenting is tough in todays world too!,........hell,.this one's father was trying to keep his kid away from the game and look what happens!!,......tragic!!

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
Yes sir...obviously he wanted the game...but IMHO the kid just wanted something he was told he couldn't have...it could have been a pack of cigarettes or a pair of shoes or whatever...it happened to be a game this time.

A bone is just a bone until two lions decide that only one of them is going to walk away with it. So yeah you could read: "Petty lion kills another lion for a mere bone!" Really it is about who will dominate who...the bone is just a trophy for the victor. Kinda what I mean. Just a bone...just a game...but the real fight was over who was going to dominate the situation ya know what I mean?

-Seb
:thumbsup:ya man i know exactly what your saying. and i concur.

i wasn't taking a dig at you nor was i not in tune with the deeper troubles this youth has.

i made that comment because of the way the local version of the story was printed "the only thing the boy took from the home was the game", and the fact that this version had to print that the game was on the seat. like that game was a major piece of evidence, and the sole reason that this tragedy occurred.
i'm not a fan of what our media has become. and was only trying to highlight piss poor journalism.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
:thumbsup:ya man i know exactly what your saying. and i concur.

i wasn't taking a dig at you nor was i not in tune with the deeper troubles this youth has.

i made that comment because of the way the local version of the story was printed "the only thing the boy took from the home was the game", and the fact that this version had to print that the game was on the seat. like that game was a major piece of evidence, and the sole reason that this tragedy occurred.
i'm not a fan of what our media has become. and was only trying to highlight piss poor journalism.
:eek:ccasion1

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
"mmmmm, your hands are soft...like a womans..."

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
well...you just cant fix stupid. i have to be honest though, nothing suprises me anymore. you can never judge someone unless you have walked in their shoes. the issue is that no matter what people do, how bad it is, you always have someone as stupid as they are making excuses for what they did. i say..eye for an eye. people do NOT EVER accept responsibility for their actions. look at it this way. you see people on the news after being arrested for something. what are they typically doing? hiding their faces, right? they were not hiding them before, because they are not sorry for what they do. they are sorry that they got caught. sorry, got off on a rant

1 - 20 of 25 Posts