Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the long process of purchasing a house. It seems as though everytime I turn around, someone has to be paid :bs: so that I can get the loan or some type of fee is due. I tell you, I got into the wrong business. Maybe I will retire and be a home inspector. 1 Hour and 350 bucks is all yours. I wish I made that much. Even if the home is immaculate,They won't give the loan unless it has been inspected. I go somewhere to buy something and they want some ridiculous amount of money for something that is stupid cheap to mass produce. Give me a break! Motorcycle service,60 to 85 dollars an hour. C,mon! I talked to the technician and he told me he gets 14 dollars an hour and he had to provide most of his own tools to get the job. If the companies out there want to make some ungodly amount of money, Just lowball the rest of the people in town and get everyone to come to your place. They will also see the light and start figuinrg out how to do it also. I guess I am just ranting but it seems like I have to pay for so much stuff these days because everyone agrees to do it. I think it is bullshit :bs: but hey I am one and everyone else are many. Closing costs? :sad: I doubt it takes 4000 dollars or more to get some paperwork ready and if it does then they need to change some laws or something. I guess I am just ranting but oh well!!!:thefinger

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
It is what it is, and everyone in the chain wants to get paid, including the tax man, the lawyers, the city, and the insurance companies (for your house, and the lawyers). It adds up ...

My time is billed hourly at work, too. Home inspections are probably billed based on a fixed average time. Sometimes the inspection might take an hour, but if the inspection covers a house that is a disaster, it might take a day, you win some and you lose some, it all averages out. And, there is the time spent on-site, and the time spent travelling back and forth, plus the receptionist and the accountant and whoever else. I bill minimum two hours on any job no matter how small, to account for all that ...

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's pretty simple really....no-one actually produces anything anymore..ie manufacturing is vitually non-existent except in China..so, to generate income, people create pointless and unneccessary jobs and attach a charge to them....everyone needs money, no-one wants to get their hands dirty, so you pay for everything and anything.
Look at your own jobs....is it a genuine job or some trumped up excuse for some-one to make cash for nothing.......I'll bet that a lot are B.S.
No offence meant personally, just a sign of the times where we have moved away from the neccessary and entered the job for a job sake era.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The world revolves around money, anyone who says it doesnt usually has too much of it. Money doesnt really make one happy but it can cause alot of grief if you dont have it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I agree 95%.

100% that dealers suck but thats another thread.

What a business pays its employee vs what they charge, well thats a whole diffy thing. 1) They make profit, 2) they have to pay for all sorts of other stuff you don't see, utilities, insurance, lease, etc.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I watched my cousin cross out a bunch of small print on his house paperwork and his mortgage papers then sign them.The realtor and the mortgage advisor said"you cant do that!!" his reply was "I just did' , his mortgage and house purchase still went through with altered paperwork and he reduced his fees a lot, it just goes to show , everything is negotiable I guess ?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
if you think buying a house is a pain in the a** with everyone putting a hand in your pocket...wait till you sell....its enough to make you want to go and burn them damn thing to the ground..:idea: ...almost...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
OK...a house inspection is NOT necessary...but an appraisal, with "inspection" is...yes, there are a LOT of fees, and it is all about risk and revenue...and fees to pay the city, states, etc...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Not to bash your rant, but I wanted to say something about that whole motorcycle service thing. . .yes 70 to 80 and hour seems a bit pricey. . but think of it this way . . 14 dollars an hour for him, the service department also pays

1.) the service manager.

2.) the service writer(s).

3.) porter (s)

4.) a motorcycle setup guy (s).

5.) a delivery driver (s) (sometimes)

6.) 20% of the dealerships nut (lights, rent, cable tv for lazy salespeople:)

7.) that $14 an hour guy, when he has to repair something he didn't fix correctly the first time.

Plus has to leave some money for the dealer principle to put some money in his pocket, if he don't you'll be driving further for your next service:)

Just my .02

SG

·
Registered
871 Posts
On the other side of this . . that whole house inspector thing is bs, he said I had 10 years left in my roof, bahhh, changed it this summer, 1 year after purchase.

SG

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
i feel what you're saying... i picked up the book rich dad poor dad, and its got some damn good info in it.. it'll change you're outlook on a lot of things.... and give ya some ideas on ways to make dome damn good $'s...

·
Registered
91 Posts
djblacksuperman:iamwithst thats a great book!

but yeah the whole real esate industry is money driven...from the realtor to the loan officer...to the AE....to the investor who buys the loans in bulk from the lenders.....its all about who makes the most to have the most toys,party the hardest and spend the most...

do you ever wonder why so many Real Estate agents drive bad ass cars....com'on there really not that smart to make that kind of money...not to mention most real estate agents dont even own there own home most rent or live with mommy and daddy!.....so they can drive there 80k that they leased for 1500 a month....so yeah they make 15k a month and spend it in a week...so now they have an 80k paper weight in there drive way cause they can put gas in it!!! haHA:fu2:

but hey who am to talk shit...im in the same business...and do the same shit...except i drive a big ass truck fuck all the benz,beamer,audi's, that they like to roll my truck has some use to it....and i'll run over all those lowered bitches!!!:thefinger

Except hey im all for makin money....but yeah i have seen a lot of rediculous charges in the past refi boom...not that its tapering off..you will see a lot less RE agents and more FORECLOSURES!!!

SO...superbike1..with that said your fucked one way or the other all banks are the same.....all the gimics you hear on TV,RADIO and AD'S....are BS......it based on 3 key things CREDIT SCORE, Loan To Value, And Income!!!.....basically Loan officers will find out how much you want the house....Then they will hit you with the charges....

Heres the Problem now a day alot of people are so use to hearing..NO MONEY DOWN...0 CLOSING COST... the reason they were able to do that is because lenders were willing to lend over 100% of the property because of the market trend....now that the boom is over lenders are cutting back...all lenders...its gonna go back to the days when you had to come in with 10,15,20k down for closing cost and down payment!...not many lenders are going to want to lend 100% of the propertys value.....its coming!!!.....

superbike1....$4000 thats nothing!....sorry bro....simply stated "it is what it is":crackup: !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts