Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the best gear ratio for a 2005 zx10r stock wheel base but lowered and strapped....
Im at -1 and +2 w/ 520 chain....
Should I stay with this...or go something different
Thanks

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Well +1 more in the rear would put you at a 16/42 from stock, I'd say that's about all the further I'd go for the street. It's up to you as far as top speed and how high of rpms you want when cruising. It's all about what you want, maybe even go 43 or 44 in the rear, which would make for a very quick bike...er ugh...you know what I mean.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Im looking for the best gear ratio for a 2005 zx10r stock wheel base but lowered and strapped....
Thanks
depends on your mods and Current Times....do you have any info. on that?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bike is set up for street....pciii slip--on minor bolt ons
the first time ever on a drag strip.....10.40...trouble with my 60ft....trap speed around 140ish....
I was running to high tire pressure....
I was kinda nervous.....all in all
not bad...IMO

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
My bike is set up for street....pciii slip--on minor bolt ons
the first time ever on a drag strip.....10.40...trouble with my 60ft....trap speed around 140ish....
I was running to high tire pressure....
I was kinda nervous.....all in all
not bad...IMO
Not bad at all :thumbsup: wish you said how much you weigh with gear that does make a difference. I weigh 215lbs with gear and feel I am at my limit now with a 16/40 1st gen 9.97s 145mph Stock wheel base, Slip-on NO PC and no other Mods period other than a cut down seat and 20k miles on the bike.:badteeth::mrgreen:

I would if your fairly light get to the 9s first then start with the 15T front and increase from there with those mods. The guys that have high powered 10Rs(nitrous, extended etc.) seem to stay with the 16T and adjust...SWB with limited mods 15T seems to be the Final limit with maybe a add in the back.

Good luck.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks blue
im 5'11" @ 190ish with gear.....
you think a 15 front....with what is the rear....(stock)?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
thanks blue
Stock for your bike is 17/40 2nd Gen...Stock for a 1st Gen 17/39.

What I am saying is you can get to the 9s with your gearing and once there move to the 15t front and add teeth from there on the rear until it doesn't help anymore unless you do better mods.

Edit. Second Gen owners should respond though to what is the best Gearing with his weight.

bloo

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Thanks
That gearing should be good for your weight, you just need more seat time!!! Just get out there and get in a rythm and work off of that and most of all HAVE FUN!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
thanks blue
Im not stock wheelbase anymore but for my 04 whats working good is 16t 44t, But I been tring a 45t aswell with the 16t 45t i can run 9.84 to 9.88 im 185

1 - 9 of 9 Posts