• Green

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my logic:
RED = Stop or engine trouble. Does it want me to shift or did I just loose oil pressure
YELLOW = Floor it before it turns red.
WHITE = ?
Green = Go, or neutral
Blue = High beam

Ordered up a Raptor Performance and the color thing started a fairly good debate in the shop. Now I want to see what all the ZX10R folks think.

·
Registered
254 Posts
blue recognized as brightest, no confusing color especially at night when field of vision goes bright blue or any color with shift light aimed properly.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I ordered up a raptor with the red LED's this past year and only rode the bike with it a few times during the day and maybe once or twice at dusk and I could see it well and I didn't think oil pressure light or anything like that. To me the shift light I pick up out of my peripheral and I'm not looking right at it. I don't think I'm a good enough rider to watch for traffic on the road, try to hit my shifts and notice a dim red engine light so the that thought never crossed my mind lol.

I had a boost by smith before I picked up the raptor and ditched his stock light and put on a row of white LED under the cluster. The strip was pretty bright at night like you can see but the way it was aiming it didn't blind you by any means. After thinking about it some more it was kind of nice that it was so different as I knew that is what it was as there is no other white on the dash or no real white anywhere else on the road.

Really though I think if you aim it right and you're in a pull you're going to know what any flashing color is telling you to do

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I’m the other participant....voted red cause that color 2 me seems to get ur attention better than any other color. But more importantly is location. A well placed light probably would work better regardless of color than a bright light n a bad location.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts