Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello for some reason I am unable to search so I have to start a thread,I am just in the need of some information I would like to no the exact tools needed to change my chain and sprockets if there is thread already could somebody please shoot me the link.

Thank out in advance

PS I have the spools and stand already :helmet:

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
There is no way you can get the chain out without cutting/breaking it. To put the new one on you'll need something to connect the links. Never done it, so I'm not sure about the details.

The front sprocket is held by a nut (26mm? can't remember now), and a washer that has a bent edge. You'll need to unbend it to remove it. You'll need a torque wrench that goes up to at least 100 ft-lbs to put that nut back on. Do the front socket first, with the chain and the rear wheel on (but loosen the rear wheel and move it forward, or else you won't be able to take the sprocket out). Put something in the rear wheel to keep it from turning while you're working on the front nut.

The rear sprocket is easy, there is a bunch of bolts holding it (allen head, if I remember correctly).

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
There is no way you can get the chain out without cutting/breaking it. To put the new one on you'll need something to connect the links. Never done it, so I'm not sure about the details.

The front sprocket is held by a nut (26mm? can't remember now), and a washer that has a bent edge. You'll need to unbend it to remove it. You'll need a torque wrench that goes up to at least 100 ft-lbs to put that nut back on. Do the front socket first, with the chain and the rear wheel on (but loosen the rear wheel and move it forward, or else you won't be able to take the sprocket out). Put something in the rear wheel to keep it from turning while you're working on the front nut.

The rear sprocket is easy, there is a bunch of bolts holding it (allen head, if I remember correctly).
:+2: on front sprocket instructions..
14mm bolts on the rear wheel...break them loose with the wheel still in place (have a buddy hold the rear brake lever down or just hold the rear wheel so it dont spin.) MUCH easier with bike on a rear stand...remove rear brake caliper, remove rear wheel...take off old sprocket. Clean adn inspect hub BEFORE putting new sprocket on..clean threads..install sprocket with logo/writing facing OUT..use BLUE loctite and put nuts back on..torque in star pattern to 44ft/lbs. Re assemble rear wheel and brake caliper. Torque axle nut to i believe 80ft/lbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts