Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Try your local automotive paint store. They usually have roll stock.

Look for "1/4.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
lipstick. Hahaha

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I've probably done almost 10 rims with automotive pinstriping and it works beautifully and its cheap.

Make sure you clean the wheel with either alcohol or contact cleaner, and stretch the tape slightly (maybe even use a hairdryer to warm it up a bit) when applying it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rspec99 said:
I've probably done almost 10 rims with automotive pinstriping and it works beautifully and its cheap.

Make sure you clean the wheel with either alcohol or contact cleaner, and stretch the tape slightly (maybe even use a hairdryer to warm it up a bit) when applying it.
Does it hold up well to cleanings and such?

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
the main thing that messes mine up is the greasy lube flyin off the chain and gettin on the rear tire!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
yup... no problem for cleanings. The only time I ever had problems was with my first attempt and I just didn't clean the wheel enough. Any dirt, oil, grime will prevent good adhesion.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
What about nail polish? a million colors to choose from and that would seem pretty durable, but could easily be removed with some nail polish remover. You could also choose where and how think you wanted it and easily touch it up if needed yourself? I was thinking of doing the little lip between the the rest of the rim and the tire itself. The rimstripes looks good and I like the reflective option (do they have reflective nail polish?), but the stripe seems a little thicker than I would prefer and the rim lip would always keep a perfect circle shape. Anyone tried this?

Though it might seem odd having a bottle of nail polish in your tool kit.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I thought you were joking...Nail polish remover on your rims?

Seriously...:rolleyes:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
reflective nail polish?

:headshake :headshake :headshake

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
IITravel said:
What about nail polish? a million colors to choose from and that would seem pretty durable, but could easily be removed with some nail polish remover. You could also choose where and how think you wanted it and easily touch it up if needed yourself? I was thinking of doing the little lip between the the rest of the rim and the tire itself. The rimstripes looks good and I like the reflective option (do they have reflective nail polish?), but the stripe seems a little thicker than I would prefer and the rim lip would always keep a perfect circle shape. Anyone tried this?

Though it might seem odd having a bottle of nail polish in your tool kit.
are you of the female persuassion??

BD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts