Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,
My friend just bought what he referred to as a 1994 Kawasaki ZXR 750. I am not too familiar with the older bikes so I don't know at what year they may have switched to the ZX-7R. Is the ZXR 750 a Ninja? Does anyone have any background info for me to pass on? He doesn't have the owners manual for it either. He is trying to find modifications for it and is having trouble pin-pointing his bike. Thanks.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
What was called a "Ninja ZX7R" in North America was called "ZXR750" (without the Ninja designation) in Europe and possibly elsewhere. They are exactly the same with the possible exception of minor differences in emissions and lighting components due to the different standards worldwide.

You don't give your location. If the bike was bought in USA/Canada, it's probably a Ninja ZX7R that has been re-badged, as opposed to a proper ZXR750 that has been imported.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm stationed in England so it probably is a ZXR 750. He bought it off of another GI who originally bought it downtown. Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts