Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to stae farm to get insurance for my 10 and they told me that cant insure my bike. I asked why he said "Your bike is made for speed and with the new system we are using we will not be able to insurance those bikes anymore." I was like WTF. So i get quotes from everybody 1800.00 to 4500.00 full coverage for the year. This shit is expensive. I can get liabilty for 18.00 a month.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have State Farm and the full boat with a $1000. deductible is $262. per year.

let me add that I have auto AN homeowners with them as well.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
call AAA, they for me are by far the cheapest, even cheaper going with them separately from my other autos with other insurance companies.

here is a trick, I HAVE NO IDEA why, but trust me on this. Call a few different locations/offices within AAA.
Give each one the EXACT answers, your zip, how long lic with M1. coverage's, etc. And everyone will give you a slightly different answer. When you get the lowest, sign up and go to your closest location to your home and fill out the info etc. I do this every time I buy a bike. some catch on and are like didn't you call thier other office and now you are coming to us?
And I am YUP! you got it!, they gave me a lower quote, here is the account#, here is my credit card, and the bikes out side. Any other questions?

lol

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
call AAA, they for me are by far the cheapest, even cheaper going with them separately from my other autos with other insurance companies.

here is a trick, I HAVE NO IDEA why, but trust me on this. Call a few different locations/offices within AAA.
Give each one the EXACT answers, your zip, how long lic with M1. coverage's, etc. And everyone will give you a slightly different answer. When you get the lowest, sign up and go to your closest location to your home and fill out the info etc. I do this every time I buy a bike. some catch on and are like didn't you call thier other office and now you are coming to us?
And I am YUP! you got it!, they gave me a lower quote, here is the account#, here is my credit card, and the bikes out side. Any other questions?

lol

:lol:
That's funny

·
Registered
536 Posts
Geico:

$810 / year Full coverage in Florida

i might need to start to look around.
no citations and been riding 15 years.
hmmmmmmm

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
You guys make me sick. Bare bones liability only on my ZX10R is around $850 per year with State Farm. And full coverage on my VW Jetta is about $2000 per year.

Ontario is insurance rip-off central.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Yep. State Farm's new policies are that they won't insure a bike by itself, but they will if you have your other vehicle(s) with them.

I have Life Insurance, Homeowner's, used to have rental property, 2 trucks, and a boat. I have never had an issue with them covering anything and it is running me about $380 a year for my '07.

I am also married, 40, and have used them for the past 15 years.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
State Farm - approx $400/yr for each of the bikes. Like others, we have everything else insured with them and I've personally been with them since '90 and my parents used the same agent(s) as we do now. The little rate changes every so often piss me off but the prices are still good and the service has always been outstanding.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Yep. State Farm's new policies are that they won't insure a bike by itself, but they will if you have your other vehicle(s) with them.

I have Life Insurance, Homeowner's, used to have rental property, 2 trucks, and a boat. I have never had an issue with them covering anything and it is running me about $380 a year for my '07.

I am also married, 40, and have used them for the past 15 years.
Just to keep CC honest I shopped around last year. State Farm was willing to take on everything except the 10R. When I asked why they said they are not issuing insurance for bikes to new customers. I said all or nothing. Im still with CC.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
So that only applies for new customers then? I have State Farm and about shit when I read that. I really want another bike and State Farm is great.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
I've been with State Farm since '94 when I first started driving. Then in '99 when I got my zx-9r and i carried over with my zx-10 in '06.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I definitely need to shop around. 900$ progressive. My dad insures it for me; I'm a rider and I make the payments. I just turned 23 and I am discriminated against for my age :angryfire

I have a clean record and my dad has a speeding ticket and its still cheaper through him :headshake

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys make me sick...j/k. I will try AAA to see what they say. Thanks

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I'm surpirsed to hear their rates were that high. I just went with State Farm - got both 10's fully insured for under $1,000. Have my daily driver hunk o' shit pickup with them too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts