Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i was riding my motorcycle through the great roads of arkansas last weekend the thought came across my mind of why i havn't seen a single new gsxr 1K on the road? hell, iv seen more zx-10R's:lol: im an avid motorcyclist and an avid sportbike enthusiast & ever since the gsxr 1K came out in 2001 they were all the rave, hell iv owned 3 gsxr 1K's and really enjoyed them. this new version seemed to of missed its mark i guess, im sure its a great bike but other than seeing mat mladin's, tommy hayden's, & blake youngs on the track i have not seen a single one on the road & i dont seen to hear much about them in mags or computer forums, what gives?

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was wondering about that, thru the years of 01-06 thats usually the only litre bike i would see other than the occasional R1, now i hardly ever see gsxr1K's unless its an older model.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The 09 is supposed to be a good bike with a good engine.... never rode one though.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
The 09 is supposed to be a good bike with a good engine.... never rode one though.
Any of the gixxers from '01 to the present are great bikes and nearly perfect trackbikes.

....never thought about it, but yeah, they don't seem to be as prevalent around this area either. :dontknow:

·
Registered
74 Posts
It may have something to do with the price difference,the 10r is $1100 cheaper than the gixxer.Also the 08 and 09 10r are the same bike and there is some really good deals to be had on 08 leftovers.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
I can't tell the difference between the last several generations of GSXR's at a glance. They change the model completely every two years but it looks the same. So, I have no idea how many of the latest ones I've seen.

It hasn't exactly helped matters that they introduced this bike after the economy collapsed and sent bike sales (along with everything else) into the crapper.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My store sold the shit out of '07 and prior. Really fell off in 08 and so far have only sold 1 '09. No one even looks at them.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
My store sold the shit out of '07 and prior. Really fell off in 08 and so far have only sold 1 '09. No one even looks at them.
Must be the "squid factor" reputation that the bike has earned. Everything I have read has been good about the 09 1K though. I would love to have one in the collection

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Only goes to prove that even if the bike is badass performance wise, if you make it look like ass it wont sell. No one wants to ride a ugly stepchild.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i agree that i cant really tell the difference at a glance between each gen gsxr. i personally just dont like the look of any of them, besides the fact that the gsxr is the preferred ride of squids all over

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I have had one, very short lived cause I took it back ha ha. But I don't see as many as I used to either...Heck the last time I went out to ride I saw 3 08/09 zx10r's ha ha...

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Didn't the GSXRs have frame issues, or was that the 600 & 750cc bikes.
Not sure if that's a reason I would guess NOT but maybe other reasons like some have ran into zx10Rs on the bad end and found out they(Gixxers) ARE not the KINGs of the 1ks..it's all rider and you can not mess with ANY of the 1ks like the Old days..the Word is out it's not cool anymore they own a Gixxer but NOTHING great other than what most wanted to buy because of what they saw on Sunday or what their bud rides. :wink:...just to much out there to choose from these days. :thumbsup:

i agree that i cant really tell the difference at a glance between each gen gsxr. i personally just dont like the look of any of them, besides the fact that the gsxr is the preferred ride of squids all over
Easy to see a 1st Gen when it's around though :wink::mrgreen:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Big issues!!! THAT'S WHY MINE WENT BACK!!!

After 3 weeks I notice one day after going over some train tracks that there was a weird buzzing on the right side. I take it down to where I got it. Its a crack in the frame and its pushing down the the ram air tubes causing it to rub and make a weird noise. They said there is a re-call and we can install some bracket thing or something. I looked at them and said take this piece of shit back. I lost about $1600 dollars out of it...Screw suzuki LOL

this was on a brand new 2008 gsxr1000 with 475 miles when I took it back. DIDN'T even make the first oil change and spec look haha

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Not sure if that's a reason I would guess NOT but maybe other reasons like some have ran into zx10Rs on the bad end and found out they(Gixxers) ARE not the KINGs of the 1ks..it's all rider and you can not mess with ANY of the 1ks like the Old days..the Word is out it's not cool anymore they own a Gixxer but NOTHING great other than what most wanted to buy because of what they saw on Sunday or what their bud rides. :wink:...just to much out there to choose from these days. :thumbsup:

Easy to see a 1st Gen when it's around though :wink::mrgreen:

Got that right. :eek:ccasion1 Especially in BLOO. :mrgreen:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
It's due to the fact that all the squids that used to ride them are banged up or have no credit left.
:crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
540 Posts
gsxrs are good bikes(internally) regardless of what people say about them. Looks, it's in the eye of the beholder. I personally don't like the whole dual exhaust thing, I think it looks ok on a busa but not on a 1000. They come out with kid-like color schemes too, not really a fan. The all black one looks alright though. Oh another thing I don't like is the cyclops look on the front end.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Big issues!!! THAT'S WHY MINE WENT BACK!!!

After 3 weeks I notice one day after going over some train tracks that there was a weird buzzing on the right side. I take it down to where I got it. Its a crack in the frame and its pushing down the the ram air tubes causing it to rub and make a weird noise. They said there is a re-call and we can install some bracket thing or something. I looked at them and said take this piece of shit back. I lost about $1600 dollars out of it...Screw suzuki LOL

this was on a brand new 2008 gsxr1000 with 475 miles when I took it back. DIDN'T even make the first oil change and spec look haha
BRAND NEW! WTF... that's ridiculous... wow. Im surprised they built those so shitty considering the busa lasts forever.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts