:mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
ProGrip 719/724's

·
Registered
139 Posts
the stock ones. they work perfectly fine and are the best looking I've seen.
Where can I get cheap stockers? I switched to Gel Grips thinking they would help with vibrations, but they didn't. Now my Canyon Dancers have torn them all up and I wanna go back to stock grips.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I forget what they're called exactly, but they're Pro-Grip 762's I think. Dual Gel Compound, all black and thicker than stock grips. I feel wrong on a bike when I feel like I'm gripping straws. So, I prefer more of a baseball bat grip. They only come with closed ends, so they need to be cut out. I dig 'em.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Where can I get cheap stockers? I switched to Gel Grips thinking they would help with vibrations, but they didn't. Now my Canyon Dancers have torn them all up and I wanna go back to stock grips.
I was fine with the stock grips, but always wanted to try gel grips. When I installed my clip ons it was a good time to give the gel grips a try. Love 'em. The only downfall that I have found is that the canyon dancer harness is rough on them. I plan on keeping the soft grips and trying the new style canyon dancer bar harness that has the cups for the barends.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I forget what they're called exactly, but they're Pro-Grip 762's I think. Dual Gel Compound, all black and thicker than stock grips. I feel wrong on a bike when I feel like I'm gripping straws. So, I prefer more of a baseball bat grip. They only come with closed ends, so they need to be cut out. I dig 'em.
I want pro-grips now - just can't decide which ones. I like the idea of thicker gels vs. gripping stock straws, but not quite sure what you mean by "closed ends" or that these things wear out.

How hard are they to install? What Pro-Grip should I get? and how do they wear out? :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I want pro-grips now - just can't decide which ones. I like the idea of thicker gels vs. gripping stock straws, but not quite sure what you mean by "closed ends" or that these things wear out.

How hard are they to install? What Pro-Grip should I get? and how do they wear out? :dontknow:
I went with the pro grips superbike gel Model 699. Just simply because thats what they had at my local shop.

Closed ends are just that. They are made like a dirtbike grip that do not have holes for bar ends. Simply cut the holes if thats what you want.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was fine with the stock grips, but always wanted to try gel grips. When I installed my clip ons it was a good time to give the gel grips a try. Love 'em. The only downfall that I have found is that the canyon dancer harness is rough on them. I plan on keeping the soft grips and trying the new style canyon dancer bar harness that has the cups for the barends.:eek:ccasion1
Yeah I woulda bought those but the shop I got them from didn't have them and I needed them that day. Then I saw some dudes at the track with them and as soon as I saw them I thought "Eff."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts