Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just woundering what gear you drive around town in?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
in town I rarely get into 3rd inless I'm over 50mph and just crusing ect. but 2nd is great for me

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah I have a friend that does the same, but what happens when a car is about to hit you and you have no power band to get out of the way, I like to be noticed and heard so no one hits me, but thats here in florida where most drivers are well above 60+

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
around my town usually 3rd or 4th gear, I see and hear some of them stupid squids that cruise around in the lower gears just so people will hear them and see them like their cool LOL..

·
Registered
598 Posts
:+1: highest gear that does not strain the bike unless I feel the need for more power in a lower gear .
wow this is a pretty brod and random topic.

but through towns, i stay in 6th to save on gas.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
3rd or 4th, get tired of shifting...

·
Registered
795 Posts
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th... depending on what street and time of day. :thefinger

For what I think you mean: primarily 2nd and 3rd. :wink:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
An AGV helmet, joe rocket jacket, alpinestars boots and jeans. :lol:

Usually I keep it in the highest gear possible where the bike still feels it will accelerate if need be but also not to be stupid loud and ignorant.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
whatever gear keeps me in the 3-4k rpms range.
without sounding to hiper and loud,but can be pegged easily with a twist of the throttle.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i just try to keep er around 4-5k that way i know she is in the power band we have lots of very ignorant drivers here, because we do not have a lot of bikes on the road!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts