Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a repost...I read what everyone uses I've used all sorts of different ones in the past for the street. I want to know what all the racers are using on here for the track. What holds up the best, lightest, etc. I'm almost done converting my 10r for the track as a full time track bike and sliders are the last thing I have to do. I'm safety wiring tomorrow and need to order some new sliders...Thanks gang!:eek:ccasion1

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I'd be willing to bet a few guys will say NONE, believe it or not

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah most of the racing bikes that i know of don't use them (but most track bikes do). The most highly regarded sliders that i've heard of are the champ industries ones.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Champs Sliders.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
I've got the Muzzy ones but after seeing the Champs wish I 'de have waited til they came out

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone, sorry I should have posted track bikes, not race bikes...I don't have a factory team sponsoring me though so I will need them...thanks for posting!!!

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Kawdood, FWIW, in my track wreck, my champs slider popped out from the bolt and pulled out the threads in my motor mount.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Woodcraft.

Dudewhrsmybike: any chance you didn't have it in the actual motormount? There's something on the right hand side that LOOKS like a mount, but keeps the motor from torquing and the camchain flexing, it's about three inches up and forward of the mount. Were your bolts the right length? That's an indication you were in the wrong spot.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Woodcraft.

Dudewhrsmybike: any chance you didn't have it in the actual motormount? There's something on the right hand side that LOOKS like a mount, but keeps the motor from torquing and the camchain flexing, it's about three inches up and forward of the mount. Were your bolts the right length? That's an indication you were in the wrong spot.
I may be mistaken on what it actually is, They are installed properly with the hardware that was included. All I know is it pulled the threads out right out when I crashed.

·
Registered
463 Posts
LSL - you pay a premium but they're worth it provided your bike slides down the track. Like any slider once it hits the rumble strips or grass its anyones guess whats gonna happen. Back in 2006 my racebike slid across the track on LSLs and a rumble strip caught the slider (I think) and chucked that sucker 12 feet in the air tumbling in all directions, which a local photographer caught on film.

the nice thing about lsl (champs too i think) is that the slider on the 10 and gsxrs bolt to a plate that bolt to the frame and engine. This last winter i bought a salvaged gsxr 1000 with a slider bolt (typical ones that bolt through the slider and into the frame) bent and broken through the frame. I ultimately had to cut the bolt between the engine and frame - drop the enegine tig a nut on the remaiing section of the bolt and extract it. If the guy used lsl he (me) never would of had that problem.

as far as racers most guys use them to include all my team mates. There are some top guys that dont use them - not sure reasoning - never asked.

like most things bike related dont go cheap on this, champs or LSL will do you fine.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I say none when on the track cause the last thing you need is to break a engine mount bolt off when your bike goes down then after you are sitting there pissed as hell cause its going to be a bitch to get out!!! On the street its only CHAMPS!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I say none when on the track cause the last thing you need is to break a engine mount bolt off when your bike goes down then after you are sitting there pissed as hell cause its going to be a bitch to get out!!! On the street its only CHAMPS!!!
with most yes, LSL and perhaps Champs no.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would suggest a 2 pc, that way if you do put it on the side, you'd only have to change out the 2 pucks. Personally, Id use either Woodcraft or Vortex, but thats just my preference.

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got the champs from a board member...many they're some durable suckers for sure...Going to get some LSL's on the next bike I think and try em out...

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just ordered a set of woodcraft sliders for my 06. I shopped around and they seem to fit my purpose. It was either them, or lsl. I dont think I will regret it, but the idea is not to go trying them out.

but then, its not a perfect world and limits are made to be pushed.........:helmet::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts