Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

What do you use to make it stick

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  cuhuba 
#1 ·
ok i crashed my bike a while back and replaced the fairings but cant seem to find something to get the tail light to stick into place like it did originally the fairings are oem and everything is the else is the same i was wondering for all of you guys that replaced your fairings what did you do to get the tail section to stick properly also for the nose section (to the headlight) i have an 2005 Zx to give you guys a little idea on what im talking about

thanks in advance for any help

http://image.superstreetbike.com/f/8961874+w750+st0/0509_08_z+2004_kawasaki_zx_10r+tail.jpg

#2 ·
You need to check your metal tabs and brackets to make sure they are not bent or twisted. When I went down at the track, my subframe got twisted and the tabs. So I had to use a buddy's 10 for a reference point to correct the tabs and buy a used subframe.

#3 ·
the tabs aren't the problem its the adhesive i know there was something that the manufacture used to make it stay tight on the top and bottom of the light (for the tail) and I'm wondering if there was somewhere i could buy that glue or tape that they use.

but thank you Joker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.