Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is so much information on this forum, I actually got confused. Here is what I have come up with, to do before I start riding again this spring.
I am looking for more of a hit and acceleration from my 2006 ZX10R

Let me know what you think, or what I could add or change to maximize the effect.

-Akrapovic CF bolt on's
-Power Commander set for the Akra's
-K&N air filter
-16Tooth front sprocket

I would also like some input on..

-new spark plugs (brand/model)?
-synthetic oil (which?)
-new tires (which is best for street use)?

Let me know if this is a good package that works together and if there is something missing that could compliment it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Don't think you gonna gain much with the Akra slip-ons ...

Akras have been on sale for a while, at least for the 04-05's, might be able

to score a full system for less $$.

If you don't spend too much time on freeways, I would go -1 +1

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will probably spend some time on the highway acutally, so I might just do the 16T front. How much difference doest the power commander actually makme? worth it?

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I will probably spend some time on the highway acutally, so I might just do the 16T front. How much difference doest the power commander actually makme? worth it?
To get full use out of a power commander you should get a custom map which costs more money. If your just getting a slip on I wouldn't worry about it and go for a GI Pro w/ TRE or you could remove the secondaries which is free and still get the PC3 but I like having the gear indicator. Definitely get a 16T front!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
To get full use out of a power commander you should get a custom map which costs more money. If your just getting a slip on I wouldn't worry about it and go for a GI Pro w/ TRE or you could remove the secondaries which is free and still get the PC3 but I like having the gear indicator. Definitely get a 16T front!
:+1: yessir that'll do errrrrr....

BD

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
BD already knows what im going to say....

have you considered removing your secondaries? check my sig for a how-to quick link

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I would also like some input on..

-new spark plugs (brand/model)?
-synthetic oil (which?)
-new tires (which is best for street use)?

Let me know if this is a good package that works together and if there is something missing that could compliment it.

Thanks
I don't think changing the spark plugs would do you much good and I think its kind of a PITA.

Shell rotella or Castrol actevo synthetics are pretty good oils.

Pilot Powers or Power 2CT or pirelli diablo corsa 3's are all great tires

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Wow, simple cool little trick...makes sence. Is there any real side effect by doing this?
If you do more than just remove the plates such as trying to remove the bars they are connected to it sets of the FI light but it doesn't really effect anything. Just have to look at the warning light unless you cover it up.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Wow, simple cool little trick...makes sence. Is there any real side effect by doing this?
yes you should be mindful of making these types of a/f ratio changes by having dyno work done to confirm the differences between them and not just remove them because.

And BTW the how-to thats referred to is not the only thread on this topic so read up some.

BD

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
:iamwithst
please do a search you will find plenty of answers.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I was going to add the secondary flies like hesaves said. As far as oil I just purchased Repsol's synthetic oil...only one sold in Litre's vs. quarts so I don't have to buy an extra quart...I really don't know anyone who runs it but I as much as I hate to say it Honda generally advertises quality parts, they're just never their own.:badteeth:

Also, from what most people on the board say go with a BMC or maybe or that Pipercross filters...

As far as sparkplugs...how many miles are on the bike? And tires I think most people will direct you towards Michelin PP2CT's or Diablo Corsa III's...I know that Conti Attack's and Metzeler's are good tires too though...

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
not sure what ur after. Try the following.
Full system exhaust
PCIII
-1 front +2 rear sprockets
Quick action throttle
TRE or 2nds flies
BMC race air filter
Spark plugs NGK Iridiums are just fine

Be warned, the above may not be suitable dtreet riding. Before carrying out any modifications have your tyres, brakes, suspension sorted then look at the performance side.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Cheapest and easiest thing to do is go down a tooth in the front. Stock, the '06 (we talking '06 here?) is geared for like 204mph, but it'll still wheelie like a mo-fo if you hit it hard. Power Commanders are good for smoothing out the power band. If you get the thing breathing better by adding an exhaust, you use the PC to add fuel, which gives you more power.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts
Full system exhaust
PCIII
Quick action throttle
TRE or 2nds flies
BMC race air filter

Be warned, the above may not be suitable dtreet riding. Before carrying out any modifications have your tyres, brakes, suspension sorted then look at the performance side.
what he said.
it depends on your goals and riding style..
if you want more rush down low, get the gearing and throttle done

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Full system exhaustPCIII
Quick action throttle
TRE or 2nds flies
BMC race air filter

I really want a full Akra system... But I cant spend that much money on a new set.

hmmmmm, i wonder if anyone on here has a used set for sale..cheap :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts