Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thrill said:
Of what??? Not seeing anything
sorry...I thought I had attached it but had to go back and edit the message cause I frigged her up the first time...:)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yeah. Nice looking leathers. Might be plain, but wont look out of place on any bike. You soon get sick of looking at the flashy ones to

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thrill said:
Yeah. Nice looking leathers. Might be plain, but wont look out of place on any bike. You soon get sick of looking at the flashy ones to
Yeah, trying to avoid the power ranger look :) Not for me :) I got a chance to take a look at this product a few weeks ago at a motorcycle show in Toronto...seems to be really good quality....

Cheers

·
Registered
481 Posts
DJL said:
Thinking about buying a pair...pretty plain...

Cheers
Had mine for probably a year and 1/2 now, can't fault them.

Being summer leathers they are no good for cold weather (I wear thermals etc under them, fleece over them sometimes) but they are fantastic in the summer, the ventilation is brilliant. Spent whole days in them out riding etc and they are really comfortable.

The stitching is all still fine, I wear them every time I'm on the bike (I do a lot of commuting on it), no complaints!

I also went with them for the no power ranger type thing, but with a black helmet, gloves, boots and those I probably do lol!

Just out of interest, how much do they cost over there?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ghost said:
Had mine for probably a year and 1/2 now, can't fault them.

Being summer leathers they are no good for cold weather (I wear thermals etc under them, fleece over them sometimes) but they are fantastic in the summer, the ventilation is brilliant. Spent whole days in them out riding etc and they are really comfortable.

The stitching is all still fine, I wear them every time I'm on the bike (I do a lot of commuting on it), no complaints!

I also went with them for the no power ranger type thing, but with a black helmet, gloves, boots and those I probably do lol!

Just out of interest, how much do they cost over there?

Wow, that's great feedback...thanks...I was wondering what the ventilation would be like...hearing you talk about how good the ventilation is pretty much solidifies the decision for me. That's great....

So I guess it is that non-leather material in the crotch and underarm areas that is doing the trick? I don't recall seeing too much conventional type venting on the suit. I didn't realize that material would be as breathable as you seem to be saying it is...

The price I will be paying is $999 Cnd...not bad but probably not fantastic either...I am more than willing to pay this for them though because most other suits that I have found are a little too loud for my liking...the style and quality combined is pretty appealing to me...and now to top it all off it seems that there is good function to go along with this...:) Thanks again for the info...

How much did you pay?

Cheers

·
Registered
481 Posts
DJL said:
Wow, that's great feedback...thanks...

So I guess it is that non-leather material in the crotch and underarm areas that is doing the trick? I don't recall seeing too much conventional type venting on the suit. I didn't realize that material would be as breathable as you seem to be saying it is...

How much did you pay?

Cheers
Np, glad to help.

The non-leather stuff is a stretchy breathable (Air passes right through it like it wasn't there) synthetic fabric.

I took a quick couple of shots, not sure how well you can see it but the 2nd shot is the right arm pit area, theres a few holes in the leather in the armpit plus the stretchy stuff for ventilation.

I paid about £450 / US$ 880 / CA$ 1000 for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ghost said:
Np, glad to help.

The non-leather stuff is a stretchy breathable (Air passes right through it like it wasn't there) synthetic fabric.

I took a quick couple of shots, not sure how well you can see it but the 2nd shot is the right arm pit area, theres a few holes in the leather in the armpit plus the stretchy stuff for ventilation.

I paid about £450 / US$ 880 / CA$ 1000 for it.

Nobody in my city actually sells the Daisnese line so I wasn't really sure how good the pricing was that the guy at the motorcycle show was offering...sounds good/reasonable based on what you are saying...In fact, I think there are only like 2 distributors for Dainese in the entire country...not really big over here...joe rocket, alpinestars, etc. and the like are mostly what the local shops here are stocking...

This stretchy breathable material...I am assuming it is made of something that is designed to hold up somewhat in a slide? Has to be, because that would be a major weak point in the suit....Is it some kind of breathable kevlar type material perhaps? I asked about this at the show but the guy didn't really seem to know much about the product unfortunately...

Cheers

·
Registered
481 Posts
DJL said:
This stretchy breathable material...I am assuming it is made of something that is designed to hold up somewhat in a slide? Has to be, because that would be a major weak point in the suit....Is it some kind of breathable kevlar type material perhaps? I asked about this at the show but the guy didn't really seem to know much about the product unfortunately...
Cheers
Well I think you would be twisted in some pretty weird ways if you were sliding on the material. I think all the areas where you would be sliding are leather.

You'd have more to worry about than road rash if you managed to do the splits and whatever else is required to slide on the inside of your legs/underneath your arms ;-)

Personally I've never felt like I would be unprotected by those leathers in the event of an accident (The only thing is there is no back protector, so some sort of back armour by knox etc would be recommended.)

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you do get them :thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ghost said:
Well I think you would be twisted in some pretty weird ways if you were sliding on the material. I think all the areas where you would be sliding are leather.

You'd have more to worry about than road rash if you managed to do the splits and whatever else is required to slide on the inside of your legs/underneath your arms ;-)

Personally I've never felt like I would be unprotected by those leathers in the event of an accident (The only thing is there is no back protector, so some sort of back armour by knox etc would be recommended.)

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you do get them :thumbsup:
Okay, well thanks again for the info...I am thinking I am gonna order this suit at this point :)

Cheers

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gpz1100 said:
What's wrong with Power Rangers?

j/k
Good looking suit there. :thumbsup:
It's all good man...I just can't pull it off...:) Some can, not for me...could be a sign of my age I dare say :)

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts