Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to see what approximate price I should expect to pay for mine. Going with a base color, 2 secondaries, and clear.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Couple cans of Krylon and some masking tape....about 30 bucks. :biggrin: If you want it done professional like, find a tagger to do it for ya. lol

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
The estimates I got were all around $400.00. Thats for primer and paint with me doing all the body work. That was single stage and no clear with the white/black scheme I have. Thats why I just said screw it and spray bombed it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a friend I grew up with that does phenominal paint work. He has had 2 of his bikes in SSB magazine. He is also good with working within your budget but also being real. Send a PM to ZX-SIK-R and let him know what you are wanting. Or you can Call him. Cody 850-390-3902 He lives up in the panhandle.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,014 Posts
Get a gallon of Baer or Glidden paint at home depot or Lowes with a 3/4" nap roller and you'll have them painted in less than an hour. The paint can be mixed in about a million different colors. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just trying to see what approximate price I should expect to pay for mine. Going with a base color, 2 secondaries, and clear.
I paid 40-50 bucks for a can of single stage at oreillys. Used the rattle can primer that fills in imperfections. I'm happy with the results - considering I'm going to crash the bike eventually anyway.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I paid 40-50 bucks for a can of single stage at oreillys. Used the rattle can primer that fills in imperfections. I'm happy with the results - considering I'm going to crash the bike eventually anyway.

Amen. Why waste the money? That's a set of tires, rearsets, boots, helmet, day of coaching, take your pick. My track bodywork will forever be rattlecan.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Check out youtube for 50 dollar rustolium paint jobs. I was impressed with some of them. Can't believe what some guys can do with a roller! Time intensive though.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
Check out youtube for 50 dollar rustolium paint jobs. I was impressed with some of them. Can't believe what some guys can do with a roller! Time intensive though.
There are some amazing artists out there. I had considered having a local graffiti artist do my track bike. Im guessing they would do it for the cost of the paint and the originality would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
578 Posts
last year paid a body shop 900 for a professional job, 3 colors, and clear. was a great job but, not 900 worth.

my last one I pulled in a favor, 2 color job, 3 stage pearl white and 2 stage black, lots of masking for 2 colors. 250 for materials, 250 for paint labor.

both shops were given the same armour bodies body work new, in primer.

like the cheaper paint job better. Ski

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the advice guys.
I'm gonna street it a little bit too, and I am set on Kawi green for the base color, so no rattle can for me.
Would be nice not to spend more than $500 though. Will have to look into how much my body shop will do it for and go from there I guess.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can get you some vinyl and just wrap it.:idea: I can cut out a number plate and numbers too. :heyyou::heyyou:

Wha? We talked about this already Lol
Remember my graphic?
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1416616810.942709.jpg
This was the route I was originally going with. I'm not totally against it yet, but you said you'd want to install it and I'm in FL.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys.
I'm gonna street it a little bit too, and I am set on Kawi green for the base color, so no rattle can for me.
Would be nice not to spend more than $500 though. Will have to look into how much my body shop will do it for and go from there I guess.
Go check out an oreillys with an automotive paint section. They are able to match any color. This is where I got my paint. Bring a sample of the color in and they'll get it to the T for a reasonable price.

Know anyone with a spray gun? The cheapest method is to buy a friend a case of beer who has a decent air compressor and paint spray gun.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I meant I can send you a singe color wrap that you can install yourself, If I print one I only will install it.
Thanks. I think if I'm going vinyl I'll stick with that design though. Likely going to be painting it. I may have to look into just getting a gun and compressor to do it myself. I have a lot of experience doing the rattle can thing, outside no less, and there's only so far you can go in terms of quality that way. Have been wanting to step it up and get a professional system for quite a while. Will be a really nice change of pace to not have to contend with spitting cans, bugs and the weather. Only real problem will be finding an enclosed space to paint. My shed used to be my go to place but it's a little cramped in there atm.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts