Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

6281 - 6300 of 6348 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Spent a week worth of garage time sanding down the rear wheel of my wife’s R6. Finally had a nice enough day to get the paint out. It was initially black, made it orange to match their 2020 color. Wife used her vinyl cutter to make the stencils for the stripe on the rim.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My Gen 4 with BMC race filter, full exhaust, and Sunoco GTX260 fuel only made 177 HP.

The dyno guy showed me how bad the A/F ratio was before, it was all over the place.

He said the engine is very healthy but it should be pushing over 180 hp based on the other Gen 4s they have tuned.

They had a 2014 on the dyno with the ugliest shorty pipe I ever seen in my life, high mileage, and dirty as hell...put down 181 hp on 91 pump gas.

I’m not spending another dime on dyno time on this bike.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Wow. The cast Brembo mc and Vesrah pads really did make a huge improvement.

I went off LDH’s recommendations for the GP4-RX set up. Thanks LDH!

·
Registered
402 Posts
changed the oil with motul 300V.

Reactions: trebor27

·
Registered
111 Posts
recently had ECU retuned for KQS times, shop changed fork seal and oil (warrenty ) throttle body sync, new plugs,
me: new chain an 42t sprocket,

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Been working on installing a Akrapovic Evo Full Exhaust

Thought I'd be able to get the stock pipes out without removing the swingarm brace. Gotta figure out how to remove this stripped bolt from the swingarm brace to remove the stock pipe :sadface:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Brembo MK2, 19x18 replacing the RCS 19. Vesrah XX replacing OEM Brembo pads too:
View attachment 447313
OEM pads including BREMBO, are designed for longer life and all (unexperienced ) riders. I switched to a sintered pad for better braking on street.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Been working on installing a Akrapovic Evo Full Exhaust

Thought I'd be able to get the stock pipes out without removing the swingarm brace. Gotta figure out how to remove this stripped bolt from the swingarm brace to remove the stock pipe :sadface:
They sell reverse twist drill bits, get one the close size of the bolt and put the drill in reverse. I have done this to dozens of crap/stuck fasteners. About 1/2 the time the heat and friction will break them loose and they start backing out. The other half it just takes the head down to where you can chisel it of and at least remove the part and then work on the stud.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Finally got around to the full emissions delete on my gen 5. Capped the intake flapper hole by moulding a scrap piece of kydex over it, block off plates, removed charcoal can and vacuum capped everything that came off. Only went for a short test ride after but the flat spot below 4k is noticeably reduced. I think it was the first time I’ve had her fully undressed.

·
Registered
402 Posts
installed Galfer rear wave rotor along with galfer brake pads and gave her a good wash.
20210321_120917.jpg
20210321_161210.jpg

6281 - 6300 of 6348 Posts