Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

6101 - 6120 of 6167 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
987 Posts
Green would look cool too. I used a vacuum cleaner belt under the strap. Worked perfect.
My bad, I meant the mount not the strap although I do have titanium and stainless sheet metal so I guess I could make a strap like that easy enough, but nah I like the carbon bracket. Never thought of making brackets out of carbon but would be super easy

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
987 Posts
Last week went plus 2 rear sprocket last night got the stupid front sprocket off and went -1 front. Noticed my new top speed is sub 180mph and normal freeway speeds definitely result in higher rpm but nothing too crazy, think it's at 7k rpm at 88mph as it sits. I love the ease that my front wheel comes up(not like it was hard before) but will need a few weeks to decide if I'm leaving the plus 2 on the rear or going to change to just a plus 1

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
987 Posts
The acceleration is good, I’m just not a fan of 7k rpm on the highway.
That's my tip as well, I cruise at 90 mph average too so it's sitting higher than I like and the bike is really loud at that speed too so yup. Figure running steady at higher rpm wears shit out faster as well. All in all I'm gonna give it a week and then change it to either +1 rear or stock rear, leaving -1 front

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
987 Posts
I spaced out and forgot to plug the fuel line back in and so sprayed my leg and soaked the ground with what little fuel I had left in my tank. Now I'm stuck till the room mate gets home with his car so I can go get some gas lol. Always double check shit before turning stuff on lol. My bad

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I spaced out and forgot to plug the fuel line back in and so sprayed my leg and soaked the ground with what little fuel I had left in my tank. Now I'm stuck till the room mate gets home with his car so I can go get some gas lol. Always double check shit before turning stuff on lol. My bad View attachment 445108
Done that twice myself over the years. Possibly too much late night wrenching and not checking shit well before buttoning up. Good times.

6101 - 6120 of 6167 Posts