Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
It kept saying my video was invalid so hopefully this link I posted in the gen 1 zx10r group on Facebook shows up this way

https://m.facebook.com/groups/909958872387297?view=permalink&id=1132660836783765&ref=bookmarks

This is also the closest that I've found in any forum or anywhere to my symptoms

what is that noise ? - ZX Forums
ur facebook link is not working.. says

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just told the u would just have to join The group to see it sorry I'm about to put it on YouTube and post a link

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only time that noise i's being made is when I spin it I took the entire basket off and gave the shafts a spin sounds normal

·
Registered
994 Posts
so the clutch basket bearing must be bad then.........

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Put the bike on a rear stand, put it in 1st gear, and spin the back tire (with your hub installed like in your video). does it still clack like that? A bent shift fork, worn drum, etc can cause the gear dogs to barely touch in neutral and make that racket. Remember when the hub is torqued down the trans shaft and gears are pulled tight against the bearing and into position. It may only make noise when torqued down. Use an impact wrench to make your life easier.
If the hub makes noise all the time, then the bearing is bad, or you've got a thrust washer out of place, or debris somewhere, etc.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you took your basket out and put that washer behind it in backwards. If will make an aweful noise and drag. Dont ask me how i know...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Working on it now will let u all know what happens in a few but keep the comments coming need as much advice and help as possible trying to avoid junking this thing

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going with shift rod fork drum seems another had same issue same symptoms and switched out all of those parts and never had anothe issue

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
How hard is it to swap these out any special tools needed to take this motor apart

The only special tool would be for the motor mounts to get the engine out. Otherwise, it should be normal stuff. Getting the clutch hub out typically requires an air wrench and a hub holder to make it easy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only special tool would be for the motor mounts to get the engine out. Otherwise, it should be normal stuff. Getting the clutch hub out typically requires an air wrench and a hub holder to make it easy.
I've got hex heads and I took my basket off with a Dewalt 18v impact

1 - 16 of 16 Posts