Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

What damper do you use

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order a new damper for my 06 10r since it didn't have one when I got it. Hoping y'all would give some input to help me decide.

What do you run and how do you like it? What have to had in the past and how do you like it? Please only 1st hand experience. Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Send the Stock one to Any Ohlins tech center and they will revalve it to an original Ohlins.
Thats what I did... Works awesome and only cost me 130?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy I bought the bike from sold it before I got the bike. So I'm starting from scratch.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
I have a Matris M4R works Perfet once dialed in...

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
The guy I bought the bike from sold it before I got the bike. So I'm starting from scratch.
That was nice of him:bs: The stock on mine dosent do anything I have it cranked as tight as it will go and its like there isnt one on there!
So you must have gotten your electrical problem figured out?
What was it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm hoping but I will not know til tue when the rectifier gets here. I'll update that thread as soon as it's all done. New stator new battery new headlight relay and waiting on new rectifier.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Send the Stock one to Any Ohlins tech center and they will revalve it to an original Ohlins.
Thats what I did... Works awesome and only cost me 130?
[/I]

I voted other because this is what I did. Turns the stock damper into a race spec unit which costs over $400 if bought new. Pick up a used stock gen2 damper for $100 and spend another $125 to have it converted to race spec. Money best spent.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
The most cost effective choice would be to get a used stock ohlins damper(make sure it comes with the mounting hardware with it if you don't have it) and get it revalved. I bought a new one instead because I liked the way the new one looks but it would be the same performance wise.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Love the Scott's , top of the line can't go wrong. If your bike can with one stock and u want to save some money just get it re-valve with Dan. If you bike didn't come with one go Scott's. My bike can with the Ohlins and I sold it and bought a Scotts b/c that was I used on my old bike and loved it.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Steering Damper

Spend the money and get a Ohlins. There is a reason why they are the best in the world. Money well spent. Trust me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a scott's on my bike, I dumped the ohlins! I got my scott dampener on ebay for $430 shipped. the thing bout the stock ohlins dampener that comes with the bike is that its detuned so some squid doesnt kill them self fresh out the dealership, secondly if you want it to perform the way it should you have to send it in to ohlin's to have it revalved and that costs $130 + the time, thats $130 you could put towards a scott's. You just cant beat a scott's. least but not last if you've looked into purchasing an ohlin's dampener, their kit comes with a top and bottm dampener which costs $599, so point being you would still need the bottom dampener if you wanted to do things the right way. basically my ohlins is in the junk pile!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts