Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I haven't actually done an install on the Gen5, but a lot of the racers down here are running the Gen 4 Ohlins Cart Kits in the Gen5 with a plate to block off the gas system crap.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't actually done an install on the Gen5, but a lot of the racers down here are running the Gen 4 Ohlins Cart Kits in the Gen5 with a plate to block off the gas system crap.
Oooh....that might make things a bit interesting for selling mine.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So an onlins gas kit will work from the gen 4 on a gen 5??

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes with minor modification to the kit.
Hot damn!

So then the next question, how far off are the shocks? Valving will be different because of the linkage but other than that is the length different?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
So I assume the website hasn't been updated, Ktech doesn't list anything. I'm assuming it's the 20dds Kit? Any idea if there will be a 25ssk setup available?
Correct, it's only the DDS carts. They're not really pushing the 25ssk kit, but I do believe they might create one for testing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dricked, this is the response j got from Jon Tyus at CTR suspensions regarding trying to make a gen 4 35dds work on a gen 5: "shocks are similar lengths but have different travel. If you bottomed out on a 2016 bike with a 2015 shock it would slam into the fender. It also needs different preload routing, and yes valving would need to be changed."

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dricked, this is the response j got from Jon Tyus at CTR suspensions regarding trying to make a gen 4 35dds work on a gen 5: "shocks are similar lengths but have different travel. If you bottomed out on a 2016 bike with a 2015 shock it would slam into the fender. It also needs different preload routing, and yes valving would need to be changed."
Thanks for the update. I sold the gen4 with the ktech stuff on it. The new bike will have all new components so no need to adapt/change anything.

Have you investigated this? I have no knowledge of it.

Racing & Sport Bike
I've heard good stuff about the AK kits but there's no support for it up here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts