Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I haven't actually done an install on the Gen5, but a lot of the racers down here are running the Gen 4 Ohlins Cart Kits in the Gen5 with a plate to block off the gas system crap.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't actually done an install on the Gen5, but a lot of the racers down here are running the Gen 4 Ohlins Cart Kits in the Gen5 with a plate to block off the gas system crap.
Oooh....that might make things a bit interesting for selling mine.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So an onlins gas kit will work from the gen 4 on a gen 5??

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
So I assume the website hasn't been updated, Ktech doesn't list anything. I'm assuming it's the 20dds Kit? Any idea if there will be a 25ssk setup available?
Correct, it's only the DDS carts. They're not really pushing the 25ssk kit, but I do believe they might create one for testing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Dricked, this is the response j got from Jon Tyus at CTR suspensions regarding trying to make a gen 4 35dds work on a gen 5: "shocks are similar lengths but have different travel. If you bottomed out on a 2016 bike with a 2015 shock it would slam into the fender. It also needs different preload routing, and yes valving would need to be changed."

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dricked, this is the response j got from Jon Tyus at CTR suspensions regarding trying to make a gen 4 35dds work on a gen 5: "shocks are similar lengths but have different travel. If you bottomed out on a 2016 bike with a 2015 shock it would slam into the fender. It also needs different preload routing, and yes valving would need to be changed."
Thanks for the update. I sold the gen4 with the ktech stuff on it. The new bike will have all new components so no need to adapt/change anything.

Have you investigated this? I have no knowledge of it.

Racing & Sport Bike
I've heard good stuff about the AK kits but there's no support for it up here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts