Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can sombody direct me to a comcorder that would work on motorcycle? Mine dont work due to vibs guess cuz it has hard drive. But I see other guys taking vids on motorcycle without a problem. What do you use.
thanks

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I've got a sharp z50 works pretty good it's a mini dvcam the quality is great.
it's lived through a couple dirtbike wrecks.
you may look into one that record to cards too no moving parts are always a plus.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
I have a Sony MiniDV camera. Works pretty good. I am surprised to hear that a camera that uses a hard drive would not work..... I can see where the ones that write straight to a DVD would have problems, but a HD should work fine. Maybe not... :dontknow:

Do you have the camera mount secured tightly? Camera secured tightly? My Sony has an anti-shake setting. Is yours turned on?

Chris

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the response. I have a Sony Handycam 3.0 mga pexiels with 30 gb of hard drive. The problem with writing to a hard drive is the same as writting to disk and cant have vibs.
So I think I need to buy one with card rather than a disk to be able to mount it on the bike. I paid $1300 thinkin Im buying the best but not for my purpose.
thanks again guys.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Yeah, I've heard good things about the ones that use cards/memory sticks. I also hear they are expensive... Maybe not $1300 though...

MiniDV works pretty good for me. I just wish it was easier to take the video off the camera. Maybe the the cameras that use memory cards/sticks will be the ticket. Especially if you have a card reader. Big cards might be expensive. How much video can you shoot with the 30 gig hard drive?

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts