Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what brand and model of aftermarket car stereo you use in your cage. I'm looking at the pioneer premier deh-p770mp and infinity kappa 572.5cf 5x7 for the doors.

·
Registered
155 Posts
LOL, Colin is a funny dude.
I listen to his show everyday. He is such a metrosexual... :mrgreen:

I have an Eclipse CD5425, mp3 & Sirius Satellite capable head unit.
As for my speakers, they are some old shit.
MB Quart 218.03qx 6.5 & tweeter, 2 JL IB8 mids, and 3 JL 10w6 subs.
Amps are 2 Phoenix Gold M50's & 1 MTX BGA2125.
They might be old, but they still pound.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
panosonic flip out dvd.
4 Heart audio 12 square subs
polk audio mo mo mids and his
2400w heart audio amps and lighting audio capacitors
audio controll sq units also
starboard slot loaded enclosure
and uhhh im sure i missed something...

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have a Pioneer Premier DEX-P1. This head unit was one of the best at the time. What was cool about the head unit was that it had a built in DSP processor. The DSP processor allowed it to auto configure the head unit for the acoustics of the car. It included a mic which plugged into the head unit. You set the system to auto calibrate and it would send white noise to each of the speakers. The unit had various sound fields and a built in 5 band equalizer...plus a bunch of other features that required a thick manual to wade through. Alas, the unit is showing its age. The display is starting to dim and the unit doesn't always come back on when the ignition is on. I got it about 7 years ago. So I guess I got my use out of it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nakamichi TDK-35 (If memory serves me correctly) Head unit

Nakamichi MF51 musicBank disc changer (non magazine, non disc tray style)

GREAT stuff, superior sound

Only problem is I e-mailed the company with a question about 2 yrs ago and still haven't heard back. :dontknow:

FWIW i've had the setup up since '98. Changer is like new, head unit's showing it's age as far as wear and tear from usage ( all buttons still intact, just fading on the ones with heavy use and there are no rotary style buttons to fall off either)
AFMEDIC

·
Registered
212 Posts
For what it's worth, I sold just about every brand of car audio products there are, and I would have to say as a whole that Alpine head units are the most reliable and sound the best. I would reccomend getting a mid-upper end deck with crossovers and the bigger built in amp. These decks with good efficient speakers sound as good as some aplified systems sound (without subs)

Mark

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I agree in the above that Alpine is one of the best headunits available..... also, Kenwood and Eclipse....

I have:
Kenwood KDC-X879 CD/MP3/WMA/Sirius HU
JL Audio VR650-CSi Components up front
Rockford 301s on the components
2 JL Audio 12w3's in a JL Audio H.O. wedge box (or a 15w3 in a sealed box for the time being)
Rockford 501s on the sub((s)(whichever setup I have in at the time))

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I sold auto systems in a past life. Alpine is great stuff. I never sold any Nakamichi car stereos but their home equipment obviously sounded better. Even to non-audiophiles. Awesome gear.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Back when i was into stereos I had a kenwood don't remember the model, never had any trouble or skips with it. I had two JL audio 12W6's and a JL 18W6 also in the car. Suprisingly with all that bass it never skipped

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought an alpine cde-7858 last night for $55. We'll see how it sounds.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have a Fosgate CD player and Amp and a Audiobahn 12" sub. Had um for about 3 years now, still sounds great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts