Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the location of the banjo bolt is slightly different I figured I'd ask before I end up with the wrong thing. Do you guys just get steel lines for zx-6 or later year zx-10? Or do the 05 fit just fine? Seems like the end of the line will have to be bent at an angle so that it will point down...

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,760 Posts
The stock lines will fit just fine. The angle isn't that sharp.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea sorry thats what i ment - was asking if the braided lines for the stock setup will fit the new setup with the zx6 mc or do i need to get different braided lines. They all seem to be mached against a speciffic model so which ones would i need to get?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,760 Posts
Get the lines for your bike. Only the length is slightly different between models. It has nothing to do with the connection at the banjo bolts. Those are all standard. If you haven't swapped calipers, then the length will be for the Gen 1.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,760 Posts
Will be swapping out the calipers for the zx-14 ones.
Doesn't really matter. The banjo is at the top of the caliper on the Nissins, which will add a little service loop to the lines. You should still get the Gen 1 lines so you know you have enough length in them.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
The other option is mock up the lines using your stock ones to test length with the different M/C and calipers and then contact HEL and they will make you lines to whatever length you want with whatever bend on the banjo you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts