Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my buddies 2006 ZX 10 for about 15 minutes and it was like 210 to 220degrees....I wasn't even riding the bike that hard, revving it high or sitting at stop lights. I think it was like 85 degrees outside, my CBR never gets that hot. A response would be great since I'm trading my bike for his plus cash. Thanks...........

·
Registered
168 Posts
Usually in the 60 - 80 degrees C band. No idea what that is in the fake Farenheit you lot use. :wink:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Seems a bit hot to me. Idling or cruising around town in summer (about 85 out) I have never seen above 208. Like another poster said, you might want to try another map if it has a PCIII. Check the coolant and make sure the fans aren't melted (there is a thread about this on here) and that they kick on.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
I've found when riding around normally (not stuck in traffic) the temperature will normally show somewhere near 50 C above whatever the ambient temperature is. Usually this means 60 - 80 C as mentioned above - depends how hot it is outside.

The thermostat opening temperature on these engines is only at about 58 C, and the cooling fan comes on near 100 C.

·
Registered
503 Posts
around town the lights get long and there are tons of them. my bike hovers around 215 alot until the fan kicks on about 220 and never gets much higher than that. cools off pretty quick once i can get some air running threw it. i think the over heat alert goes off above 240

·
Registered
65 Posts
My fan turns on a 210* but it normally runs around 185* when moving. Try running Engine Ice, Water Wetter, or Liquid Performance. Most will drop temps 5-10*.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
riding mine around I barely see 170 when when cruising around 100+ in the summer. It climbs fast if I stop. gain 30 degrees in a in the 1/8 mile of residential than have to go through to get to my house. Winter riding it barely break 140 any time it is below 45. gets to 130 in single digits.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My '06 - 10 usually runs 148 degrees Fahrenheit. Rarely above. Though I live North of Seattle and that may well have a lot to do with it!

In two years of riding, I've only heard the fan kick on once!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Even in 60 degree temps, bikes runs at 170 moving above 30mph. When 85-90 degrees out, bike runs 185 moving above 35mph. At a stop for more than 2 minutes, it is above 200 degrees. Once I see 200 degrees, I shut it off at lights/traffic when possible. They run hot, it's a monster.:badteeth:

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
temp

I've found when riding around normally (not stuck in traffic) the temperature will normally show somewhere near 50 C above whatever the ambient temperature is. Usually this means 60 - 80 C as mentioned above - depends how hot it is outside.

The thermostat opening temperature on these engines is only at about 58 C, and the cooling fan comes on near 100 C.

Same as mine here in novascotia even on a hot day..

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I rode my buddies 2006 ZX 10 for about 15 minutes and it was like 210 to 220degrees....I wasn't even riding the bike that hard, revving it high or sitting at stop lights. I think it was like 85 degrees outside, my CBR never gets that hot. A response would be great since I'm trading my bike for his plus cash. Thanks...........

was the bike lowered at all or maybe modified or was it completely stock.... pipes and bad PC3 tuning will make them run hot, the 06-07 radiator is very efficient and most all 06-07's I've rode run way cooler then that.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
An electric fan switch helps keep the temps under 190*. A member has posted a how to w/ pics.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts