Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not right now pervert!

I need to know what you wear for gear please. I am going to park the bike soon (next month or so) for the winter and in that time I am going to put money into the textiles department. I want to get some new riding gear ie: boots, pants, jacket (not all at once but as much as I can afford.) So I would like to know your preference, one piece or two (I am leaning towards 2), leather or not (I am thinking not leather but...), finally what brand do you like?

I will tell you that it gets warm here in the summer so I will need good ventilation, and I commute and ride for pleasure on my bike so I will need good all weather, all use suit (I only ride in the rain if I get caught in it.) So lets hear it, 'cause the shorts and tank top are getting worn out.

I'm kidding of course...

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
5 different sets of leathers and textiles, depending on the weather (!)...

2 piece is the only way to go...have a Dainese non-perf 2 piece got on sale at their costa Mesa store for $900 - reg was $1,400.

Have a ventilated M-1 2 piece Dainese 2 piece that ran $900

Have a lined, mesh jacket when it is hot...had a custom zipper put on it and the perf Dainese so they zip together...

Have a Gore Tex heavily lined Frank Thomas jacket and separate leather pants when it REALLY getsl cold...

Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket...

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
The best gear for commuting is Aerostitch Roadcrafter either one or two piece. You can pick up used leathers cheap off eBay in the winter. Also check out New Enough. They have good prices on closeouts and they are in your neighborhood so you can actually go by and try shit on.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Joe Rocket Atomic textile jacket $69 (NewEnough.com)
Icon gloves $30
Draggin Jeans $99 (I like the casual look)
SetUp Gran Prix boots $135

·
Registered
261 Posts
FirstGear Speed Freak perfed leather jacket with a windbreaker liner and lots of vents. Great warm weather jacket and good cold weather. FirstGear Pilot pants. Jacket and pants zip together 360 so it’s okay for the track.

Dianese back protector.

Sidi Vertego Corsa boots.

Frank Thomas roo skinned gloves. Good for warm weather loads of ventilation might want something else for cold rides.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Corsa Jacket $375
Icon TiMax Gloves $100
Bates Fastlane Drag Race Boots $225
About to order a Custom Bates Drag Racing Suit

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Astars P1 jacket $499 retail, paid $250 new :cool:
Astars Track pants $250
Astars SMX Boots $200
Sidi Vertigo Boots $225
Joe Rocket Speedmaster Gloves $130
Suomy Extreme Dragon $480

Im looking into a reasonable 1 piece to pick up sometime before next season, 2 piece kinda sucks on the track :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
swjohnsey said:
They have good prices on closeouts and they are in your neighborhood so you can actually go by and try shit on.
Woops! I was just lookin' and maybe there is a Cow Town in Texas as well..'cause people call Calgary Cow Town too.... not exactly the neighbourhood... :lol:
I will change it on my bio just to prevent further confusion :badteeth:

So where is Cow Town USA?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dainese 'Tattoo' 2 pc suit for playing
Oxtar Evo boots / AStar GP Tech boots
Joe Rocket Alter Ego Jacket for when it's hot/commuting
Teknic Violator Gloves
Shoei RF1000 'Nerve' - new
Arai RX7RR Edwards replica - old

Would love to upgrade the leathers as these ones have seen some action but they cost so damn much. I know the Joe Rocket rep here and he's seen a set of their textile suit that's been down the road, guy didn't get grazed but the suit is trashed. Yes they're cheap and just replace them, but good leathers can handle an off and still be fine. The Dainese suit is fantastic quality, had it 8 years now.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Re: Cow Town USA.
Depends on where you are in the US. Chicago, Ft. Worth, Kansas City, MO, Kansas City, Kansas, most anywhere there was a central stockyard for cattle. We even have a nickname for a suburb around here Calallan is also know as "Cow Town" and we're in deep south Texas.

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Joe Rocket Speedmaster 2 Pc w/ Perf. pants
Sidi Vertigo Corsa
Joe Rocket Alter Ego Jacket
Joe Rocket Speedmaster gloves
Teknic gloves
Shoei X-11 Helmet

and When Squiddn'
Skate shoes, Jeans and sometimes shorts.... and sometimes sans a lid

:headshake