Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, im looking for your quater mile times on all stock zx10r , no strap, not lowered, no motorwork ect... and if you could please post your elevation at the strip u ran it on!!! thanks for any imfo

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
hello, im looking for your quater mile times on all stock zx10r , no strap, not lowered, no motorwork ect... and if you could please post your elevation at the strip u ran it on!!! thanks for any imfo
IMO it's kinda pointless to drag race a bike without some of these mods.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
IMO it's kinda pointless to drag race a bike without some of these mods.
Long time no see there buddy.

10.40's but he's right. If your going to drag race and you actually want to do well you have to do some basic stuff at least. A strap and adjustable lowering links work well and you can change it all back to stock height really easy in about 5 min.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i understand that it is difficult to race a stock bike, and i know that it should be strapped and lowered, my last bike was set up like that, but i am in a points race this year, and im racing a all stock gsxr 1000 and im pretty consistant with it, so its working out for me.. i just dont want to lower this bike , if i were trying to get every bit out of it, and get the lowest et i possibly could then i would, but as of now i am happy riding it stock, so even if it is pointless to you, id still like to know what you guys turn on stock bikes , sometimes its just fun to get on them and see what you can get out of a stock bike, jmo

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i understand that it is difficult to race a stock bike, and i know that it should be strapped and lowered, my last bike was set up like that, but i am in a points race this year, and im racing a all stock gsxr 1000 and im pretty consistant with it, so its working out for me.. i just dont want to lower this bike , if i were trying to get every bit out of it, and get the lowest et i possibly could then i would, but as of now i am happy riding it stock, so even if it is pointless to you, id still like to know what you guys turn on stock bikes , sometimes its just fun to get on them and see what you can get out of a stock bike, jmo
Gotcha.. Low 10's are possible maybe even high 9.'s as in 9.95. Good luck with your racing. The 07GSXR1K is a really good bike so you should do pretty well with some seat time. Have fun.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I'm not bashing or anything, but if you were to lower and strap the bike it would be that much more consistent.

The only 10R I have road that was all stock, except for we put a strap on it:mrgreen: I went 6.31. I did however ride a ZX9R for this guy one night that was all stock, we didn't even put a strap on it :lol: I made 2 passes and stood it up first pass and went 7.08 and 2nd pass went 6.87.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i knew you wernt trying to bash:wink: and i know that u are right , strapped and slammed will get me even more consistant, but i only run no more than 2 to 3 hundredths off my dial in right now, so its working out pretty well.. i have to baby my launches alot more stock, but then im not replacing clutches all the time either:lol: anyway its just fun racing a bike no matter what your setup is:thumbsup: thanks for the replys, and thanks maze for wishing me luck racing!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
i knew you wernt trying to bash:wink: and i know that u are right , strapped and slammed will get me even more consistant, but i only run no more than 2 to 3 hundredths off my dial in right now, so its working out pretty well.. i have to baby my launches alot more stock, but then im not replacing clutches all the time either:lol: anyway its just fun racing a bike no matter what your setup is:thumbsup: thanks for the replys, and thanks maze for wishing me luck racing!!
Everybody likes a challange, thats why I ride stock wheelbase.

Oh yeah, GOOD LUCK RACING!!!!:thumbsup: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I dont like a challenge, I like to go fast thats why my sissy bike is looooong.:spit:
Yeah, but we know your challenged in others ways!!!! :crackup:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
590 Posts
Technically at sea level I know people running in the high 9's on a stockish bike. I dont' know anyone that didn't replace their exhaust which is technically a modification which would elminate it from your description of stock. If your good 10.1 imho if your GREAT! high 9s

·
Registered
99 Posts
i average 10.1 with NOTHING done to the bike. been lower tho

elevation is low...almost sea lvl, im in SAcramento, you can look it up if u want.
and it was a Sacramento Race Way (sacraceway)

btw i weigh nothing, and have good throttle control. but i have since given up on the strip and started the roadracing thing on a honda 600, lol.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Bone stock first time out I ran [email protected] stock height, no strap or nothing.
195 lbs. naked and 900 feet of elevation.
lowered and strapped ran a best of [email protected] didn't run that bike at the strip a ton but it was fun when I did.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just wanted to through my two cents in. Your bike may perform better with no mods such as pipes, ect. if you are not straping it down or extending. I was at the track this weekend and I could not hold down the front. It would come up every shift and I would have to back off alittle, killing tenths. I had a full muzzy ti system ,power commander, K&N intake making making 168 BWH (05zx10r). This makes it very hard at a drag strip to keep the front down.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
My best i did yesterday all stock is a 10.61 at 135,1.861 60ft. I also weight 280 so not bad but i could not keep the front down.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
whats weird is I never really had a huge problem keeping the front end down like I thought I would..?? it would rise don't get me wrong but I wasn't having to fully chop the throttle to keep it in check.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts