Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They run from that box under the rear set down to the exhaust? Putting my new full system on but dont know if i remove this or what do i do with it?

·
Registered
423 Posts
yes remove them from the servo motor under the seat and just pull them out.... those are the cables for the butterfly valve in your stock exhaust. your full system doesnt have that so just take the cables out !

some pics of the new exhaust when its done:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Not wires but cables that control the exhaust valve and from what i remember you disconnect them from the servo unit under the seat but leave the electrical plug alone so it doesn't give an FI code.

BD

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys so i just disconnect them where they start at the servo motor? Can i remove the servo motor too then? What is the purpose of the servo if it doesnt control the butterfly valve?

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Just disconnect the wires from the servo and remove them from the bike. Leave the servo motor there and also plugged in - otherwise the FI light will flash. If the motor is still plugged in the computer will think its still there and then no trouble code.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you are gonna want to leave the servo motor hooked up cause when i wrecked mine i pulled the exhaust off at the cat and when i got my 2bros slip on i forgot to hook up the servo. it would run for like 2 min. as soon as i hooked it up i didnt have a problem after. until i got shitty fuel

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
not to jack the thread but i had a question regarding the butterfly valves. Is it beneficial to take them out if i have a slip on and let the exhaust pass straight through?
It makes it like a full system with smaller pipes if you pull it out. Only bad thing is you have to take a long drill bit and drill the valve in half. It is an ultimate pain in butt. I wouldn't suggest doing it unless you are really bored. It's a lot of work for virtually no gain over just disconnecting the cables. When you disconnect the cables it open the valve all the way up. So you wouldn't be gaining much. The full system makes better gains because it is a bigger pipe starting from the head. I would just leave it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It makes it like a full system with smaller pipes if you pull it out. Only bad thing is you have to take a long drill bit and drill the valve in half. It is an ultimate pain in butt. I wouldn't suggest doing it unless you are really bored. It's a lot of work for virtually no gain over just disconnecting the cables. When you disconnect the cables it open the valve all the way up. So you wouldn't be gaining much. The full system makes better gains because it is a bigger pipe starting from the head. I would just leave it.
does it get more low end if i leave it in or would it help if i left it open? I just bought a pcIII so if i could dyno tune the bike would i see more of a gain with it hooked up or disconnected?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
You're not going to see any top end power change. However on the low supposedly the valve actually helps out. However I never noticed any difference with it in or out besides some extra backfire with it out. It may or may not help any on the lower to mid range but you won't feel it either way.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Ya i unhooked my cables too...& i took out the servo motor & put in one of these http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/other.htm

Just wanted to put my PC3 in place of the servo so i didn't lose my trunk, worth $100 to me! Before i did this i researched a lot on this forum & several guys showed no HP gains with it in or out. A few said it might make the bike a little louder with it out...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts