Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought something from another member and mistakenly made the choice to trust the guys word since..."Hey we're all riders and sportsbike enthusiasts". That was ridiculously naive on my part and what's even worse is I Paypaled the money and gifted it to him thinking, who would screw me over for $50, especially here, it's just not worth it. Well friends, don't do it. Unfortunately we can't trust people

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Jesus....

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Never gift. If it isn't worth the 3% to me if they want it gifted than I don't really want it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Sam

You're right. What's stupid is it cost him $15 to ship, so really he only got me for $35. It's just dumb. I'm new here and don't want to get banned for flaming. Anyone know the rules?

·
Registered
795 Posts
i have gifted and gotten gifted many times on this site with out a problem, esp recently, people can vouch for me though, if i run late on getting it to the post office, i do priority mail

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Come on brah. Give us the damn story already. I can't take the shit anymore. I need my meds. Just say it. Spit it out. What happened? Who is it.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
You're right. What's stupid is it cost him $15 to ship, so really he only got me for $35. It's just dumb. I'm new here and don't want to get banned for flaming. Anyone know the rules?
We have a sellers/buyers feedback section in the classified forum area. If you feel your at a standstill like not getting any contact you may bring up the issue there.

bluedevil

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
i have gifted and gotten gifted many times on this site with out a problem, esp recently, people can vouch for me though, if i run late on getting it to the post office, i do priority mail
Same here. I usually ask to be gifted to but I have also sold to a bunch of people on here, and it's usually a key or something and it's $10. Not worth ruining my rep for $10.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I

just contacted the guy. I am going to give him a chance to make it right before I flame him. I told him not to ship parcel post because I needed it for a track day. What did he do? Shipped parcel post. It didn't make it on time. I told him that and he didn't respond. The part just got here and I took the part he sent and placed it side by side with the OEM and they are NO WHERE near the same application.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Well maybe we can help with the part then?

Lets just hear it

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Man sorry to hear about you mishap. 99% of the active guys on this forum are very straight up and will help anyone they can. It could have very well have been 1. A complete misunderstanding. 2. One of the few guys on here that doesn't know much about hikes and thought he had the right part. Or 3. Another A hole that has no common courtesy or morals. Hoping not for the 3rd but it happens man. Hope you get it figured out.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
i always gift and most of the time ask to be gifted back. i know its not the safest but 3% these days is 3%. i have sold and bought numerous things from other members the same way. never have had a problem and hope u get ur situation resolved in a friendly manner and keep some trust on the forum. :helmet:
i have gifted and gotten gifted many times on this site with out a problem

1 - 20 of 46 Posts