Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

What apparatus do you use to lube cables?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  NinjaLife 
#1 ·
Which type of apparatus you guys recommend for lubing clutch/throttle cables and have good results with? Only reason I'm asking is because I couldn't really find a good answer and most of the reviews for Exhibit A aren't that great. Thanks!

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

See less See more
#3 ·
See, that's what I was wondering about.

A lot of the reviews say the same thing about that one but I know that sometimes the reviewers on amazon usually don't know how the thing that they just bought operates.

I asked here because I know we have some smart guys that usually know how to work their tools lol, if you say it doesn't work the best then I believe you.

I might end up trying the bottom one since it has better reviews. May wait and see if any others chime in as well.

Thanks evil!

#8 ·
That's a good idea, I just don't have any of that extra flutted rubber on hand, but maybe I could use something else I got around here. I get the idea, didn't know I could use gravity for it. lol.

Ived used both, would highly suggest exhibit B over the other one. It takes a bit more prep time, but you get great results and the only mess is from the lube coming out of the other end of the cable (which is what you want anyways). Exhibit A is rather easy to use with poor results and lots of wasted lube, exhibit B ensures almost all of the cable lube goes where it should.

I just got done removing my cables from my older ZX6 last night, now another thing to add to the checklist of things to do to it.
If all else fails that is good to know, B is only about $20 bucks and I have 2 bikes to lube so it may be worth it to make things quicker.

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

#7 ·
Ived used both, would highly suggest exhibit B over the other one. It takes a bit more prep time, but you get great results and the only mess is from the lube coming out of the other end of the cable (which is what you want anyways). Exhibit A is rather easy to use with poor results and lots of wasted lube, exhibit B ensures almost all of the cable lube goes where it should.

I just got done removing my cables from my older ZX6 last night, now another thing to add to the checklist of things to do to it.

#11 · (Edited)
Plastic bag And electrical tape along with a zip tie worked like a charm. It took maybe 10 minutes then I saw the lube running out of the other end of the cable.
Thanks for recommendations again, the “IV” method worked great
Stupid Pic uploaded sideways, just rotate your head lol.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.