Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm asking for some help. Gen 5 2016 ZX-10R. Installed a Competition Werkes cat eliminator pipe with their slipon. 2WDW did a standard flash, OEM ECU. I'm pretty good mechanically , but I'm not a motorcycle mechanic. I did as much research on what airhose to plug as I could. I did see an video on youtube once, before I did all this work and now I can't find it. I pulled the O2 sensor from the exhaust and disconnected from the main harness at the plug that at the back side of the airbox as I was told. I bought a resistor on Ebay and plugged it in. ( I figured I needed to.) Put the bike back together and went for a ride. If I roll off the throttle after a redline acceleration, it sounds like a NAVY SEAL platoon in a firefight. I live at 4500 feet and ride up to 11000 feet, but the ride was at 4500-5000 feet of elevation, if that makes a difference.
Nate from 2WDW said yesterday over the phone that I need to take out that resistor because the O2 sensor is disabled and that resistor will interfere with the fuelmap they programmed in the ECU flash and also double check that I plugged up the right hose, because if I plugged the wrong hose I can blow out every seal in that motor. I plugged in the hose that is on the left side of the airbox just a bit above the top of the main frame of the bike. please let me know if this is it? All advice is appreciated. Thanks. Ati

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Welcome to the party!

There are several hoses from the airbox. Two of them are large and one is small. There is a line to the KLEEN (air injection system) valve, one to the crankcase for crankcase ventilation, and one smaller water drain line. The one you're pointing to is for the air injection system and that's the one that you should block.

Although, doing it there with a marble is a pretty cheesy way to do it. It will work, but it's lame. The better way would be to install block-off plates. The next best would be to remove that hose and plug the airbox opening there, remove the valve, and connect the reed valves on the cylinder head together with a hose. I've never been a fan of the ball-in-the-hose method.

The crankcase hose and water drain are on the bottom of the airbox. If you plug the crank vent line, then you can cause lots of damage. Looks you you got the right one and that should help quiet down the after-firing Platoon you describe.

Reactions: Guarf
1 - 3 of 3 Posts