Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow Motogp has taken a giant down turn never seen so many cry babies,Marquez,Lorenzo and Rossi. What happened to the real men who use to ride Motogp. Roberts and Spencer and Rainy and Doohan. You never saw these guys crying to everyone and anyone who would listed. They let their riding do the talking for them. Bleh I sure don't give a fuck who win's now because its become a huge joke.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
All of this started with Rossis comments after Australia. If he didn't make those cry baby comments, no one would have thought otherwise about it, and would have thought it was just another amazing race. Then all the Rossi fan boys changed their mind after Rossis comment.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, I agree with Boosted. If it weren't for Rossi's comments it wouldn't have gone this far. Although everyone likes a bit of drama, like someone else posted on another thread, people that don't even follow motogp, are now because of the all the drama. It does make it a little more exiting don't you think?

·
Administrator
6,716 Posts
Not everyone likes drama. And no, I don't think it makes it more exciting, but then again, I don't watch Real Housewives of ... or any of that other crap.

Like TechX was saying, nut up and ride.

·
Registered
183 Posts
... nut up and ride.
Interesting that you are saying this about two of the worlds fastest riders. Pretty disrespectful to dishonor men who put their lives on the line each weekend for the love of the sport. Emotions run high when men are fighting for the world championship, something you have no experience with. Sounds like nut envy to me. Shame on you.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,219 Posts
Interesting that you are saying this about two of the worlds fastest riders. Pretty disrespectful to dishonor men who put their lives on the line each weekend for the love of the sport. Emotions run high when men are fighting for the world championship, something you have no experience with. Sounds like nut envy to me. Shame on you.
Frankly, they all deserve a harsh treatment over this situation. They are paid millions of dollars, are international celebrities, and role models to countless people. Their skills aside, they are acting like spoiled brats imo. The only rider in this scenario that has shown any grace or humility and kept his nose clean is Dani Pedrosa. Rossi, Marquez, and Lorenzo have all fallen victim to the political game here and it's overshadowing the actual racing.

As for putting their lives on the line, I disagree. We're not talking about a soldier who rushes into a fire fight to drag his wounded buddy out. Or a firefighter who goes into a collapsing building to save a baby. They are taking very calculated risks with full safety gear, tracks that meet a certain standard, and have the best freaking doctors in the world on speed dial. How many times have we seen them threaten to boycott a race or track because the air fences weren't inflated to the proper PSI? :wink:

I for one hope Rossi wins his tenth title this year. But that's not to say he didn't lose a little bit of my respect for his words going into this whole thing. Lorenzo lost a shit ton of my respect for not just staying clear of this. But after having his lawyers file a formal injunction so that he could weigh in on the Rossi/Marquez penalty hearing, he's just fanning the flames more.

So, while YSR used the term "nut up and ride" :laugh:, "call off the lawyers, shut your cake hole, and just ride" would be more appropriate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not everyone likes drama. And no, I don't think it makes it more exciting, but then again, I don't watch Real Housewives of ... or any of that other crap.

Like TechX was saying, nut up and ride.
Not even a bit of drama? Like nothing at all?
Do you honestly think you would have seen the battle you did between MM & Rossi if it wasn't for what has been happening between the two of them?
Do you think they would have taken the risks they did if it weren't for the DRAMA?

When last have you seen a fight like that? I'm not at all saying that I like the fact that they have picked up shit between the two of them. But it is definitely more exiting at the moment :hello:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lorenzo lost a shit ton of my respect for not just staying clear of this. But after having his lawyers file a formal injunction so that he could weigh in on the Rossi/Marquez penalty hearing, he's just fanning the flame.
Agreed, he should have stayed clear. After he said if Rossi does win the championship, he doesn't deserve it... No, if Rossi wins he really does deserve to take his 10th title.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,219 Posts
Agreed, he should have stayed clear. After he said if Rossi does win the championship, he doesn't deserve it... No, if Rossi wins he really does deserve to take his 10th title.
Yeah, he had a big opportunity to take the high-road and just let the situation play out between Rossi/Marquez. He didn't. Not only with his words, but also with his actions. Did he need to have his lawyers formally submit to have him attend the upcoming hearing about Rossi's penalty? I mean, come on. Thankfully they denied his request.

Notice the date? It's been over a week since the incident. :headshake:
Yesterday, former MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo's attorneys filed paperwork--a Request for Intervention--in the appeal made by Valentino Rossi with the EU Court of Arbitration for Sport.
CAS denied the request.
It's doubtful that Lorenzo's pursuit will be stopped there and the entire debacle seems to be moving in a direction where it's possible that the final outcome of the championship battle will be settled in a court of law months after the final race.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with what has been said above. Rossi should have kept his mouth shut and let his riding do the talking. He opened the door for all this bs drama. I have lost a lot of respect for him.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,219 Posts
From the back row now.

FIM said:
FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix

CAS dismisses request by Valentino Rossi for stay of execution of FIM Stewards' decision

On 4 November 2015, a preliminary hearing was held at the headquarters of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne in the matter Valentino Rossi v. the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme. The FIM was represented by its Legal Director, Mr Richard Perret.

Following the hearing, the CAS issued an Order dismissing the application for a stay filed by Mr Rossi concerning the decision rendered on 25 October 2015 by the FIM Stewards (see Order attached).

The CAS ruling on the request for stay of execution does not prejudge the final award on the merits of the case.
In appealing to the CAS against the decision of the FIM Stewards, Mr Rossi seeks annulment or modification of the FIM Stewards' decision taken at the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix in Sepang, in which the FIM Stewards confirmed the 3 penalty points awarded by the Race Direction to Mr Rossi following an incident on Turn 14.

The FIM takes note of the ruling of the CAS.

As a consequence of this ruling, at the Gran Premi de la Comunitat Valenciana, last race of the FIM World Championship Grand Prix, Mr Rossi will start from the last position on the Grid.

·
The Pace
7,011 Posts
They don't mean anything. Pro riding is extreme stress. Everyone is talking and everyone is listening, within the racing network.

We stay out of it and let them sort things out.

I want the admin people to look at what I wrote and hope they get it. BUT, If there's counseling needed from admin, then ok to hire people to do some talking based upon rational thinking if rational thinking is needed to assist riders to sort whatever. Emotions are one thing and rationality is another, but superior thing.

·
Administrator
6,716 Posts
Sorry, didn't know I was talking to an ex MotoGP rider. :rolleyes: I've said nothing about their talent, it just tarnishes the sport to see all the :crying:

So, while YSR used the term "nut up and ride" :laugh:, "call off the lawyers, shut your cake hole, and just ride" would be more appropriate.
sure
Not even a bit of drama? Like nothing at all?
Maybe in my younger days, but I honestly have no patience for crap like this anymore. This site is the only place I even bother reading or responding to this situation.
When last have you seen a fight like that? ... But it is definitely more exiting at the moment :hello:
WSBK, WSS, 250cc GP, 500cc GP, 125cc GP. Hell, even the "AMA" SS races a few years back were pretty tight and entertaining, although they didn't get any real attention because of the series going in the toilet.

MotoGP is boring. Every year I get caught up in the excitement and can't wait for the season to start. It's the big time! Big production, great coverage, best riders ... Then 5 laps in, practically every race, the "race" is over. The excitement in most GP races is showing the 2 guys that are close to each other, or the 2 or 3 slo-mo passes. There's some decent racing going on in the back of the pack, but those riders don't bring in the viewers or the $$$. It's just sad that we finally have a few close races in MotoGP and it turns into an off track :ninnyslap:
I miss the old 500cc days, when men were men and riders rode instead of whining. MotoGP is a joke now.
:iamwithstupid:

Grumpy :bd:
off

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
Everyone, motorsports fans or not will watch this last race and it should be the race of the year. Drama or not, boys or men, cant really wait for that race. Maybe the other riders will let Rossi go through so he can reach the top 3 riders? Lets wait and see....

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
Way too much money can spoil a man to turn into a spoiled rugrat millionair. That happens these days to pretty much any sports. Back then it was for "pennies" and honour and real love for the sport.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
All of this started with Rossis comments after Australia. If he didn't make those cry baby comments, no one would have thought otherwise about it, and would have thought it was just another amazing race. Then all the Rossi fan boys changed their mind after Rossis comment.
it went down the proverbial toilet straight away :rolleyes:

once the 3rd & 4th practice sessions are done one can do the lap time math to see if it's humanly possible for rossi to make it inside the top 10, if he even makes it that far. :wink:

BD

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Last race he was over 10 seconds ahead of 4th position. He will move forward quickly.
no doubt that will happen but that 10sec doesn't mean squat when he has 22 positions to gain and managed 4th place, you see if rossi is .5sec quicker per lap than the 5th place rider come race time how many laps will it take to catch/overtake that 5th position?? it's math time.

BD

1 - 20 of 33 Posts