Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've seen a lot of times on here for extended swingarms, but not many on stock wheelbase. what sort of times are you gettng swb?

cheers guys.
! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
i havent been to the 1/4 yet but been doing some 1/8 mile testing lately. and this is my best ever 8th mile swb....but i got one of them slow zuk's. It should be high 20's low 30's 1/4mile

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys, mines an '04 model with a yosh can, bmc filter and pc3 usb. i run it geared, strapped and lowered.
it's done nearly 19,000 miles and hasn't been serviced since early 2005 as i'm strapped for cash. the last time it was dyno'd it was making 153bhp (august 2008), needs tyres and chain and sprockets and i've run a best of 6.201 in the 1/8th and 9.480 in the 1/4.
for a full season racing it would cost me £1,000 (tyres, service, entry fees and travel) and if i did a full season in the straightliners championship, 8 meetings, i reckon i'd win the championship. i entered the last meeting of the year and beat the class leader by .7 of a second in the final. and knocked .77 off the class record.

my question is, how do you guys get sponsorship? i've been trying for years and can't get anywhere! in 1997 i was running regular 10.5's on my swb zx-6r, and couldn't get sponsorship on that either! every time i win people grumble "cheat" but no-one will officially complain and put their money where there mouth is!!!!!!

any tips on sponsorship would be greatly appreciated.

cheers people.

Gaz.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1420ss, how do you get in the 1.5's 60ft? i can't get under 1.635!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am also curious of the 1.5 60'ft. I'm in the 1.8s right now at stock height. Next season will be my first lowered and am looking for some more tips
1.8's stock height is good going! lowering your ride height is the cheapest way to quicken your e.t.'s. it does the same job as extending the swingarm on a stock height bike by lowering the centre of gravity in relation to the rear spindle (the bikes pivot point when launching.) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
312 Posts
1.8's stock height is good going! lowering your ride height is the cheapest way to quicken your e.t.'s. it does the same job as extending the swingarm on a stock height bike by lowering the centre of gravity in relation to the rear spindle (the bikes pivot point when launching.) :thumbsup:
Good info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i havent been to the 1/4 yet but been doing some 1/8 mile testing lately. and this is my best ever 8th mile swb....but i got one of them slow zuk's. It should be high 20's low 30's 1/4mile
how do the speeds relate? i've run 120.72 in the eight and 150.57 in the quarter but my et's are slower than yours?:dontknow: and yes, you are flamed for the reaction time!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
my best to date 9.58 @ 149.8 1.61 60 ft time -1/+2 gear 1.61 60ft time leaving at 5000 rpm strapped and lowered 06 modal and im sure is 1 up on the rear of the 04/05 modals (no spray)

·
Registered
860 Posts
how do the speeds relate? i've run 120.72 in the eight and 150.57 in the quarter but my et's are slower than yours?:dontknow: and yes, you are flamed for the reaction time!!!! :lol:

Check out that 60' and 330' of his. The quicker you cover the ground the less time you have to accelerate. Why you will sometimes see a quicker et with a slower mph than a previous pass. Try weaving back and forth down the track you will probably see a higher mph and slower et.(Don't really do this, just something to think about, :lol:)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
my friens shawn runs 9.70s swb pump gas lower gearing 16t 39t it took some seat time to get there. I got a killer map for him but he didnt try it yet :lol:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
theres more there, ... just need to grab a handful quicker
i had a swb zx-6r that i raced a few times in 1996 +97, best i did on that was a 10.58 @135mph. i could launch it at 10,000rpm, used to sound awsome. man i used to love that bike, it was a little rocket ship! :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my first 10r. i never got to race it in anger. :sad:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
SEAT TIME is KEY to lowering et's on SWB!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts