Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, lets see what kind of times these beasts are running on the 1/4 mile. Please post location, race track, mods, and pic or vids. Time slips as well if possible :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Was at mirock bike festival today dj from Berlin md was riding a Gen 4 and a BMW he whet 8.94 at 153 with only a swing arm PVC tune and quick shifter no flash with secondary butterflies removed oh and it was Hot as hell 98 degrees he also was going high 8.90's on the BMW but he also told me he's been riding the BMW for a yr but just 3 weeks on the 10r wow Gen 4's are 8 second bikes with only a tune. Strong as death.All hail zx-10r.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Yeah he was extended 3 inches gotta keep it real.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Local track, 10.5 at 144mph with massive wheelstanding. Wheelie control my ass. And that was in first second and third. (-1 +1 Sprockets) Then the track got to much dew on it and was trying to wheel spin the Traction control working most of the track. Gotta lower this bitch before next race.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Took the new Gen 4 to track today and went [email protected] with a 1.5880 60'. Bike is lowered,swb,brocks shortmeg slip on,streetmap,stock lenght chain,no ballast,2 down up front,2 up on rear, 89 pump fuel, and ecu flashed by Don Guhl. 90 + degrees. Felt like clutch started slipping on last pass. Bike was trapping 149 pretty much all day until last pass. I weigh 181lbs suited. The bike is def making power!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Took the new Gen 4 to track today and went [email protected] with a 1.5880 60'. Bike is lowered,swb,brocks shortmeg slip on,streetmap,stock lenght chain,no ballast,2 down up front,2 up on rear, 89 pump fuel, and ecu flashed by Don Guhl. 90 + degrees. Felt like clutch started slipping on last pass. Bike was trapping 149 pretty much all day until last pass. I weigh 181lbs suited. The bike is def making power!
NICE! Ill be taking mine to the strip next weekend hopefully and see what kind of time i can pull from running a M4 slip on and PCV. Will be flashing the ECU next week and hope to see some major improvements

·
Registered
43 Posts
PCV on it also

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
My best was at LACR before they closed for good...:bs:

10.32 don't remember the MPH. No strap or setup.

My main problem was the front just wants to climb and the strip officials frown on that and will kick you out.

My funnest run was in retrospect a very bad idea, Old chevy(57) drag car with the works. I was waiting on the line when he lit it up to get his tires warmed up. My god it was a huge cloud and my body trembled...:eyecrazy:

He glanced over at me when he lined up and just had this sinister look on his face. This was the first car I had ever lined up against and did'nt really think about how dangerous this was...:hello:

Green means go apparently, I launched pretty good and started running through the gears he was way ahead. I passed him no more than a foot before the finish(I did not realize that at the time) I was going so much faster than him at that point, he must have been thinking WTF was that?

I had to take the second turnoff(missed the first one) and cruised back to the the timing booth. He waited at the first turn off for me to cruise by(I think he just wanted to get a good look at my machine)

I thought he had won until I grabbed my timing ticket and saw "WON" our times were within a tenth of a second.

As I cruised by the spectater stands everyone was standing and cheering. I guess they laughed as I did when he took off, then were shocked as I passed him with less than a second to spare. There is no way they could see the line, but I am sure when The announcer said Kawi in lane 2 won, there jaws dropped.

True story Bra...:spit:

I have never raced a car since on the strip...for safety reasons.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
How are you keeping a stock wheelbase bike on the ground with -2 +2

·
Registered
43 Posts
Throttle control. I don't go wide open throttle soon as clutch out. I roll the throttle on or off according to what the front end is doing in 1st gear. Bike still wheelies but I just keep them low.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i run -2,+2 on the road. i can't be bothered to change it all the time and it helps me to get used to trying to keep the front down, that way when i lowered it for the strip it doesn't seem so uncontrollable!!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
456 Posts
10.08 at 141.1

·
Registered
43 Posts
New best time

Went back to track today and went [email protected] Temp was in lower 70's. On 9.39 pass it trapped 124 in the 1/8 and 153 in 1/4 on 89 pump and Brocks streetmap. Bike will fly when I get longer chain,weight up front, and some mr12 in it!

·
Registered
456 Posts
nice i went down to 9.8s lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
9.71 at 141

·
Registered
227 Posts
that's how i run my gen 1 cody, it's pretty damn exciting! what's swb on the gen 4? gen 1 is 54" and i've seen garth has gone 9.38 @ 56", is that swb?

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
383 Posts
What rpm do you launch at on the Gen 4
We are going for shits and giggles and practice some race starts...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts