Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in a country that's deprived of sunshine and has an unending supply of rain I'm looking for a map for wet weather riding.

I know the throttle will do the same but spending an entire day on a track dancing on the edge of a slide gets to be a lot of hard work especially at the end of the day when the concentration is going off.

Does any one have a lower power map or suggest what I might need to do to tweak a standard map

Cheers

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,548 Posts
Well, this is a first. Someone who wants a lower power ZX-10. :idea:

First thing I would say is that tweaking the PC5 map for lower power is probably not the best way to go. You'd really have to enrichen or lean the fueling out to achieve those results. And that's not something that would be good for the motor.

The G3 already has the KIMS system on it which is a crude form of traction control. If that's not enough, then probably adding an ignition module and dial back the timing a bit would be more appropriate.

Or you can play with the throttle cam so it would "feel" slower when you turned the throttle open.

The later bikes use the ignition timing and secondary throttle to kill the power depending on the power mode or TC intervention. On the G3, this isn't as easy to control. But I wouldn't be looking for a fuel map for lower power. But any map downloaded off of the Power Commander website should give you that as they are all pretty much crap. :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
The best way to lower the power for wet conditions would be with secondaries plate control by closing them down. You can lower the power to any level you want. Leaning or richening up the mixture via power commander is a very bad idea. Retarding the ignition timing would lower the power, but it would also cause a lot more unburned fuel to dump into the exhaust.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
dont worry riding it around in the wet and rain it wont be long and it will be running like shit anyway! Buy an enduro:spit:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts