Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:badteeth: lol... just as the title states im in the market for some nitrous. Used it before on a previous car but which would be considered more 'safe'? I keep hearing different shit about both from a lot of people and want to know what the deal is. So if any of you nitrous junkies want to chim in id appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Wet is safer but dry is easier. The dry kit is also $400. cheaper.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Less than 35 hp dry with a custom map (about 1:30 from someone that has mounted them before and 40 minutes in a dyno, buying the parts apart from a kit about $280 bucks with a 1 to 2.5 pound bottle, more than 45 hp wet and you do not need a custom map (about 3 hours of mounting time and 25 minutes in the dyno testing te mixture to be sure it is right, about $480 for another selenoid, more jets and lines).

Good luck in your new project

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
How much nitrous do you plan on spraying?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ruthless Racing said:
How much nitrous do you plan on spraying?

id like to run about a 40 dry to be honest. I thought about F.I. and am still entertaining the idea b/c im more knowledgable in that field but im wanting a little bit of a sleeper. Its already a 10 so only big litre bikes and nitrous bikes fuck w/ me. but hell im still all-motor and on the street that just doesnt cut it around here to be honest. If i go turbo then im going to fab my own kit AND everybody that sees the bike will more than likely run unless there running a built motor and then again im in the predicament of 400 whp vs. 240 whp... ya know what i mean?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
maze said:
Wet is safer but dry is easier. The dry kit is also $400. cheaper.

:+1: If you want a big shot go wet. 35 is plenty for me, I moved up from the 20hp dry shot. Stock wheelbase, stock height. Dont forget the bottle warmer. Makes a noteworthy difference in power.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eric said:
i have a mps 55 dry shot on mine. works great.
How much did it run you and how often do you have to fill up the bottle?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i wanna say around $500 with the mps instant rich fuel mixture unit. i have a #1 pound bottle and you will get about 60 sec out of it.i just bought a #2.5 that im going weld on the swingarm. i have alot of work to do on the 10r this winter to get it track ready this spring. just little bullshit things and maybe a paint job.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I had a 40 dry and a 60 dry on at one point or another. The 40 was fine and the bike made pretty good power but I wanted more so I went to a 60 and well the rest is a bad memory. I will dig up the map from the 40 shot and post it up.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maze said:
I had a 40 dry and a 60 dry on at one point or another. The 40 was fine and the bike made pretty good power but I wanted more so I went to a 60 and well the rest is a bad memory. I will dig up the map from the 40 shot and post it up.

lol i know how that is. I had a hatch w/a full gsr swap NX 75 and loved it.. went to a 125 and it lasted about a month. Snapped my #3 rod like a twig. Lucky for me i was close to home so i didnt have to have it towed lol. Ill be looking for that map. what other mods do you have so i can compensate?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13462&highlight=dyno
there are the graphs. The map went out @ 170mph and lots of bad stuff happened. As soon as I got the bike stoped I got off and started laughing just because I was happy that my ass didn't meet the pavement. I think that i am going to leave nitrous alone for a while now. I am doing other things with the bike. Good luck with the kit just don't cut corners with the map and check the pc before you do any major runs with the nos.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maze- do you have The pc map before nitrous? ive got a full muzzy and i can tell its running rich as shit until around 10K and then it pulls like hell on anything. Thanks bro :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
low10 said:
Maze- do you have The pc map before nitrous? ive got a full muzzy and i can tell its running rich as shit until around 10K and then it pulls like hell on anything. Thanks bro :thumbsup:
I have a slip on map that was tweaked for my set up. We just got the basic map off of powercommander.com and went from there. I will try to find the disk that it is saved on but I don't know how I would send you just the map. Even if I could I don't know if it would work that great for you. I know that there was alot of riders posting their maps on the forum a while back I will try and find it for you. I will also look for my old map and try and post it so you can try that one.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Oh and as for mods the only things that i had where a muzzys slip on and a bmc filter with the pc3. then the mps dry kit. Other than that just gears and little misc things.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks bro! Ive looked through that thread before and didnt really see antying interesting.... Ill have to try that map!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
maze said:
Oh and as for mods the only things that i had where a muzzys slip on and a bmc filter with the pc3. then the mps dry kit. Other than that just gears and little misc things.

yeah, but your a f*ckin madman. 60hp stock height stock wheelbase is Insane. Tell me your bike is stretched and lowered.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts