Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Big Charlie asked me if I could post this over here . . .

I know that some of you have raced at Sac.

Go to www.SacramentoRaceway.com

Click that link for race track info.

The week after the AZ. race.

See www.PSCAracing.com

Team WandL Racing.

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was gonna run at the Summit et series finals in Vegas but I didnt make the team,besides that I would rather go to this event anyways!! Ill be there for sure!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
How was it?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hey Red I assume I should sign-up for Street ET with my stock ZX10R? also do you know what the street bike shootout is about or is that the burn out contest or something?

Either way going to try hard to make that event just might be late, 1killer let me know if your going to show up, quikgix good luck and hope to see you out there as well...what class you running?

For anyone else in the bay area or further it looks like this could be a great motorcycle event try to show up as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I had fun at this event :thumbsup:

Thanks (Brandon) Slow 10 and you too quikgix for your support. Although that clutch adjustment did not work the clutch was still slipping all the way home just above 6grand just like it did before the event….why it seemed ok today during my Runs :dontknow:

On a good and bad note I broke my personal record with a 10.01s but missed the 9s again :BangHead:…..guess I will have to try again next year :sad:

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
I had fun at this event :thumbsup:

Thanks (Brandon) Slow 10 and you too quikgix for your support. Although that clutch adjustment did not work the clutch was still slipping all the way home just above 6grand just like it did before the event….why it seemed ok today during my Runs :dontknow:

On a good and bad note I broke my personal record with a 10.01s but missed the 9s again :BangHead:…..guess I will have to try again next year :sad:

Congrats those are actually good numbers even with a bad clutch! Im sure you'll be on the nines next time around.:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Congrats those are actually good numbers even with a bad clutch! Im sure you'll be on the nines next time around.:thumbsup:
I had a slipping problem before maybe around 5kmiles on the bike(now has 18k on stock clutch) but that was when I installed the Pazzo levers. I fixed that problem by doing the Clutch adjustment down low near the basket and it has been great since; the only thing I ever noticed lately was slower MPH on the top end a sign that my clutch could be going out but never replaced it like I wanted too or maybe should have. :badteeth:

On Wed. night fun drags just before this event on the way home I hit it hard a few times in first gear and the bike reved so quick I thought it was tire slip because of low pressure in the tires from the drag strip setup.

On my way to the event I tried it in other gears and same thing and I was Like OH OH Clutch :eek:

Anyway Quikgix and his friend suggested moving the knob up top as there should be a more movement or slack down low by the basket. I was hoping that will be a permanent fix and thought it was since I made new personal records in a few categories……but then on the way home same thing…bang the bike hard over 6k rpms and it jumps to redline the same thing that I think messed me up in the 2nd round of this event.

Today did adjustments 3 times 3 tests and it’s not working, the clutch IMO is going. I will be ordering tomorrow new Clutch plates….but can’t complain from what I got out of stock and the abuse. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've been there before Rick! I've changed my clutches twice this year!Once they start slipping its hard to get them back!!I rode a friends zx-14 at 1 of our e.t. races and it was fine,I made it to the finals and was runner up..on the way to town to give the guys bike back the clutches started slipping!! (ooops).I bought new ones for him for letting me run his bike! On my 10, I ran in pro gas(9.20 index)I made it to the semis at the race this weekend!I spun real hard and lost the race!!.damn thing hooked all day and then all of a sudden Im all crossed up and boiling the tire!!Oh well thats racing I guess!My best run of the day was [email protected] and ran my best short time of all time 1.49 and ruined the run when it popped out of second gear!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I've been there before Rick! I've changed my clutches twice this year!Once they start slipping its hard to get them back!!I rode a friends zx-14 at 1 of our e.t. races and it was fine,I made it to the finals and was runner up..on the way to town to give the guys bike back the clutches started slipping!! (ooops).I bought new ones for him for letting me run his bike! I ran in pro gas(9.20 index)I made it to the semis at the race this weekend!I spun real hard and lost the race!!.damn thing hooked all day and then all of a sudden Im all crossed up and boiling the tire!!Oh well thats racing I guess!
Thanks for trying to help, I assume you agree my clutch is gone?

On a funny note, when I lost in the second round I was switching to second gear but hit the Rev. limiter before that and couldn't get into the next gear...maybe because of the clutch problem.

So, the wife and kid were packing up and I said lets wait to see you run as a really fast ZX10R is going to run soon....sorry bud I understood what went wrong but you made me look bad....yeah that was a bad spin at the start and have been there a few times myself :badteeth: ......good seeing you out there anyway and thanks again :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I've been there before Rick! I've changed my clutches twice this year!Once they start slipping its hard to get them back!!I rode a friends zx-14 at 1 of our e.t. races and it was fine,I made it to the finals and was runner up..on the way to town to give the guys bike back the clutches started slipping!! (ooops).I bought new ones for him for letting me run his bike! On my 10, I ran in pro gas(9.20 index)I made it to the semis at the race this weekend!I spun real hard and lost the race!!.damn thing hooked all day and then all of a sudden Im all crossed up and boiling the tire!!Oh well thats racing I guess!My best run of the day was [email protected] and ran my best short time of all time 1.49 and ruined the run when it popped out of second gear!
Forgot to add besides your Quick times Quik this weekend you know how to travel. :thumbsup: freekin guy shows up in an Air Condition Trailer while the rest of us were out in the mild to hot heat :badteeth: :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thats because in fresno/visalia they sell trailer and motorhomes every other mile.:lol:
Knaw, Guikgix is a cool cat...no trailer trash just shows up in style and runs the 10R FAST a good running representative for the 10R :thumbsup:

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Naaah I didnt mean that. My bro lives in Fresno and I'm always surprised that on the highways there are alot of places that sell trailer(for MC's) and motorhomes(expensive ones)so I thought he probably got a real great deal on one because of the competition thats why he has one.:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Naaah I didnt mean that. My bro lives in Fresno and I'm always surprised that on the highways there are alot of places that sell trailer(for MC's) and motorhomes(expensive ones)so I thought he probably got a real great deal on one because of the competition thats why he has one.:thumbsup:
He probably doesn't even own it :dontknow:.....just was a little jealous as he had it all good that day....I know you didn't mean that but some might have taken it as that it's all good.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Your right about the amount of trailer sales out here!Always a deal to be had! Blue is right , its not my trailer! My friend just bought it and is just getting into motorcycle drag racing!I was comfortable that weekend for sure!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hey Quik, did you get to see this when we where out there last weekend? I ran my pass before these 2 but was racing that ZX14 a few times and we where hanging out between races. His girlfriend showed the Vid to me and said they would put it on youtube and here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=heW1x9hSi98 It's easy to laugh now and don't wish it on anyone but.........:lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts