Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight i tried launching like a man. :lol: I was running 10.50's last week and bogging it badly after i did the 16t and new clutch and slip-on. I was very dissapointed seeing how i went 10.40's stock. So tonight i launched it around 7K and was able to run in the low 10.30's at 138 mph. So i am back to figuring the bike out again. I beat a ZX-12 and a streched Busa along the way. My night ended on a sour note. I smoked the clutch again!! I went with the EBC and it only lasted 2 weeks. Go figure. So this time i am gonna use stock Kawi clutch with new steels.

My buddy just bought a new 10. He was able to run 10.10's at 141 mph. Hes alot better rider then me and the ET's show it. Hes all stock with a 16T and strapped. He had just gotten a ZRX 1200 last month. I think thats what they are called. He was running 10.50's on it but fell in love with the 10 and what everyone has been doing with them. Good times Good times. :thumbsup:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
congrats on the improvements! Thats crazy the clutch only lasted 2 weeks though...:dontknow:

You need a suit to be racing though...:1848: :wink:

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have a strap and lowering links in my posession now. also a 16 tooth sprocket.. we'll see what that gets me Friday hopefully. (weather permitting)

10.10 is pretty good strapped only. no lowering links for the rear??
You'll get your bike figured out and hopefully you learned a lesson with that aftermarket Clutch.. stick with OEM. Have you pulled the oil pan and cleaned the screen?? if you've burnt up a couple of clutches and NOT done that you probaly should.

when you order trhe new clutch order a couple of the fibers that arew thicker. Then you can check your stack height before you go to the track and add a thick one in place of a thin one if the stack height permits.. then you won't burn your clutches up as fast.

I'm predicting 9.95-10.05 next time out for me... we'll see.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
well I ran a [email protected] tonight lowered and strapped best 60 was a 1.72
it was really bad air though humid and hot when I was running. I was running 10.20's all night until the next to last pass when it started to cool off a little.
I didn't get the 16 tooth on there but it surely needs it. I felt like the clutch was slipping nicely but with that tall gear it's just too hard to get the clutch out without bogging the bike.. I settled at about 5000 rpm and as I was slipping the clutch I went to wot. that was netting me the low 1.7's.

there was another guy there on a ten full micron and pc3 he was running 9.90'[email protected] He wieghed in at 130 though. I could even get out on him and he'd drive right by me.. Amazing what difference the weight can make.
He said he had stock gearing but I'm not sure it seemed like he was hitting fourth quite a bit before the finish line and I hit it right as I'm approaciing the line??

another little guy on a k5 running some 10.30's.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Sounds like fun...IMO...obviously I aint a drag racer...but last time I went to the drag, I was launchin at about 8500...:dontknow:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sounds like a fun time. 130lbs??? dude musta been tiny! No drag strips here in the bay area. Sucks butt. Didn't we have one here years ago??? What the hell happened?? I think that would be totally fun and a lot less hazardous than playing on the streets. :heyyou: :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Sounds like fun...IMO...obviously I aint a drag racer...but last time I went to the drag, I was launchin at about 8500...:dontknow:
What kind of times did you turn?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Here's what I posted on my thread "Drag Racing in the Wind"

Ok, just got back from the STRIP :thumbsup: 1Killer1litter is still running as I write. I left a couple of hours early as I originally planned but mostly because I had my wife and kid with me, got only 3 passes in after 3hrs :badteeth: and I just ran my BEST TIME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did a 10.15s at a stunning 142.952mph also a new record for me with 16/40 gearing. Previous high was 10.31s and now my 6th trip ever to the track where I first started out in the mid to low 11s..

I ran with 1killer1litter all 3 passes. The first time out he ran a 10.5s and I did a 10.3s time. The next time we ran I put about 16oz or so of killers U4 gas but I still had some pump gas in. I missed shift a gear and mid point and that was enough for Killer to take the win easy with his time 10.2s and mine 10.5s. 3rd time I already mentioned above and It was a sucessful day for me, just because I keep breaking a new personal time each trip :thumbsup:

One side note because how this thread was started, the weather was perfect. Maybe 70deg a little Wind but not enough were you could spit into it and get wet. It was also a big Drag Bike event with bikes from all over the California and beyond and almost every class you can think about was there. Killer really liked the setup, I didn't like the waiting:headshake:

I'll repost all this on the other post about went to the Drag strip tonight:repost: just becasue It seems allot of us did and this should also be in that area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts