Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys it was a blast the very first run the front lifted up and i carried it a little ways but i must not have had the wheel straight so it started tanks slapping :shock: Scared the shit out of me but i pulled out of it and went right back for another run which i took much slower and straighter.My best for the day was a [email protected] mph i was consistantly in the high 10's some times getting low 11's i must say this thing scares me in first gear the rest of the gears i can keep down wide open.I traded with my friend and rode his 2001 cbr 929 with a bunch of crap done to it and i wasn't scared of it so i rode it hard.My best with it was [email protected] he couldn't hit 130mph on it when he rode i told him to try shifting with out the clutch but he couldn't do it.I did it perfect on both bikes,His bike was very nice i was impressed and with a good take off i could have gotten his into the 10's.I am really thinking about a steering dampener now after that scary first run it is making me think cuz i noticed at higher speeds it stars to make the front wheel shake back and forth but not alot.Well just wanted to post my times.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
sounds fun but i dunt know how to launch the bike well

·
Registered
287 Posts
where in Mich are you?
I have been up to Martin the past couple of fridays the only other 10 there was a blue one

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine is orange i run up here in ubly plan to run milan sometime.I'm in the thumb where is niles?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
scottymizt said:
mine is orange i run up here in ubly plan to run milan sometime.I'm in the thumb where is niles?
My motherr lives in Milan! she drags her FOrd Taurus down there. LOL

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
scottymizt said:
You understood this Louks? :lol:

·
Registered
585 Posts
scottymizt said:
it's Michigan lingo :)
I'm from the palm! haha North of lansing and south of Mt. Pleasant, Alma.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good to see so many michigan guys on here even if they had the smarts to leave and go somplace warm :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
GARSZX10R said:
scottymizt said:
it's Michigan lingo :)
I'm from the palm! haha North of lansing and south of Mt. Pleasant, Alma.
Duh, It is called the middle of the mitten you dork. Ever heard of Alma Michigan? The main plant for Total Gas was there and they have a decent college and that is just about it. Main street is only a one way. Glad we did move from there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
you need more practice... in time youll see those 10s turning into 9s... a 16 t front will help... but you cant be afraid of th e launch.... find yourself a mall parking lot after hours and practice...remember ... fear is the enemy... good luck...oh yeah... make sure you lean as far as you can over the tank and always shift at the absolute highest rmp level without redlining... lata brotha [smilie=d:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i did lean over the tank as much as i could.I am a lite weight at 135lbs the bike doesn't even know i'm on it :D Shit the suspension doesn't even compress when i sit on her [smilie=b: I got her lowered now and have no problem with the front lifting i realllllllyyyyy like it now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts