Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't the fastest i've been this season but it wasn't bad. It started out pretty nice this morning but the humidity was way up there. Then the sun came out and it got muggy as hell. Had some good races today but this was my best pass. Went a [email protected] Was definitely some good racing today though. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Who was that ugly Mug that shut the camera off :lol:...j/m I was going to say use Windows Movie Maker you can cut some of the ride back to the pits thing off but I actually liked it looks like my racetrack coming back to the Pits. :thumbsup:

Bloo

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who was that ugly Mug that shut the camera off :lol:...j/m I was going to say use Windows Movie Maker you can cut some of the ride back to the pits thing off but I actually liked it looks like my racetrack coming back to the Pits. :thumbsup:

Bloo
:crackup: yeah yeah that was me. :lol: Man I tried movie maker before but it didn't like the mp4 format that gopro uses. Only way was to find a converter and I just haven't had the time to mess with it. I kinda like it too. Got to show you guys some of these bad Harley's here. Haha this was the big race that the good ole banditos put on every year.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good run, tune and a little more gear will drop those times even more. pump gas?
Thanks man. Yeah i do still need to tune it. I was Gonna gear it a little more but think I'm gonna piece together a nitrous kit again this week :mrgreen: so don't wanna gear it anymore for now. Yeah I run 91 octane since I built my motor. I really wanna tune it on mr12 and see how it does I jut can't afford that shit.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,856 Posts
Is that fast or something? :dontknow:

:lol: Nice job.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
nice time man !!! atleast you got some seat time and had fun. you still runnin my favorite gear 15/41 ?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
:lol: NO dork it's not fast!! Not near fast enough!

Zx of course man!! Still at 15/41. I wanna gear it a little more but that'll be to much if I spray it. So kinda in a delima here. :lol:

Damn, you on spray is gonna be absurd.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that's the high comp piston motor with kit cams????
Haven't done a compression test yet buy yeah. From what it sounds like to me I wasn't leavin high enough. It only made about 10 more horse than what it did last year. And it's still not tuned yet. Plus I just put an air filter in. Once it gets cooler here it'll run better. :mrgreen: no worries.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
what gasket did you end up using and what cam timing and what is your rev limit, mine was set up at 110/108 with stock rev limit and I had to lower the intake cam timing to make more average power, my hp curve looked like it was going to peak at 13.5k rpm and my rev limit was way before that, so I ended up picking up 3mph in the 1/8th and 1/4 mile just by moving my power curve in the lower rpm

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Here's my dyno sheet untuned with cam timing at 110/108 vs stock 1st gen, my engine set up is very similar to yours, 13.5 pistons, .6 head gasket, 2nd gen head and kit cam on the intake. I set it up to run to 13.5k red line with race ecu, but it went bad on me so I put a stock ecu and stock rev limit so didn't quiet make as much power and the cam was actually hurting my power, stock 08 intake cam would've made more average power so I had to advance the cam instead to some what fix the problem, will have the bike on the dyno as soon as power supply for the dyno will get fixed.

Attachments

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah it sounded pretty low on rpm. what were u leaving at
Yeah I think my dumbass was only leavin like 6k. I was tryin somethin a little different tryin to be smoother. I was tryin to set at 6k then keep between 8-9k slippin. But it sounded like I was to far in the clutch to quick and the R's dropped to quick. I think Friday I'm gonna go back to leavin at 8k. Just tryin somethin different to see if I can help my 60's. only went a 1.51 on that pass. I've only been a 1.49 on my best pass ever on my bike..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts