Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 10 bout two months now i think so im still getting use to it. Anyways I went to gainesville test and tune drag strip last night. Didnt have full leathers so I was told I was only allowed to trap 120mph. I told them I was a beginer so they let my ride (Im not). My first run was real shitty ran a 11.4 @ 129 mph. Got a warning about my speed. Second run got a lil better launch and ran 10.7 @ 137 mph. Lady handing me my slip exact words were "your done". On both runs the bike was wheelie happy. I know I can run a lot better than this just didnt have a chance to get comfortable. Sorry for the disappointing time guys, I'll be buying leathers soon and going back.

Mods

Kawi intake cam
full akra
Downloaded map from member on board.
stock wheel base, stock height.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My reaction time was also in the .500s. I know how to get lower rt times by lauching when the last yellow is going out but I just wanted a decent run without wheelieing off the line and then my plan was to start kind of fine tuning my runs if that sounds right.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Seat time will get you where you want Uwan. I was running 10.20's @ 139 in Gville on my stock length 10R this summer.

Reaction time has nothing to do with ET though - but it will matter if you are running actual races of course. Keep it up and get that license...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts