Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made it to the track, but it was 70+ degrees, was really hoping for much cooler temps, finally got my wideband to work so was dialing the bike, bike's # 1405

1st pass ended up running gsxr1300, was pretty good race till the end, I didn't get him by much, bike was running lean, but got him by .0727 sec lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Added some fuel and ended up lining up with slow10r's 05zx10r, was supposed to be a close race, he 60's better than me, but my bike makes little more power, he had a gopro on his bike, should have a video up tomorrow or so.

My bike # 1405 left lane again.

Bike ran little better, I held the clutch for too long and slow10r's clutch started to slip so maybe next time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Last race was against an 08 cbr1000rr, he just ran a 9.50 with a 1.599 60's on a swb and was pretty much the quickest 1000 there, so I knew who I was going to run next lol. I knew it was going to be very close, his reaction time is always outstanding, his 60's way better than mine, so I was hoping to catch up to him by 1000 feet or so. So I added some more fuel to the map in few spots just like I was doing in previous runs and the bike was picking up speed everytime and there we went.

Ended up getting him by .0344 sec, or less than half the bike, wish I had my video camera rolling on this pass.

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Cool...thanks for posting the Time slips :thumbsup:

What fuel did you add and what are the rider wieghts? SWB or how long?

bloo

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just running 89 octane adding fuel via bazzaz, put stock exhaust on the bike and redegreed the cams so had to remap the bike all over again, still not done, but 90% there. 4 more passes and 100% tps map should be right on the money. around 61" wb and rider around 185ish suited.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ok...got a little confused it looks like you picked up almost .2tenths and when you said added fuel I assumed some special GAS :lol:

Don't know the history of your runs but if just adding some fuel to my PCIII can bring down times that much I need to do more TNTs especially since I have a Data logger and the weather is getting real nice around here as well :idea:

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
You should update or detail your User Profile some including myself don't even know what Gen 10R you talking about and I don't see an Avatar to suggest what your running :idea:

bloo

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No just good old pump gas, data logger is a beautiful thing, lets you see exactly what's going on while you're racing. I am building a map for each gear, than playing around and see what it likes best. The bike trapped 121mph in the 1/8th before, but always had problems backhalfing, so I made few changes, lost 2mph in the 1/8th, but gained 4in the 1/4. I think I can get 153-155mph out of the bike in cooler temps with more tuning on pump gas, but don't really have that much time left, track closes soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts