Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it's official, I went to my last race of 2006 yesterday. I didn't plan on it but I got talked into it by a friend. The first pass off the trailer was a 9.49 @ 149mph. Then my buddy wanted me to try his 06 g1k that has been 9.14 to see if I could better it. I have only been on a long bike once before at the track and so I figured that I would try. It didn't work out too well. I like stock wheel base much better right now and after riding a long bike and messing up as bad as I did I think that I'll stay with the swb for a little while longer. My 60's on the gsxr where terrible and when I say terrible I mean really bad. And Since I was riding my buddies bike I figured that I'd let him ride mine and well that was a bad idea. He weighs 230lbs and is not used to launching a swb bike so long story short I just ordered a new oil pan and misc parts that go with it. Shit happens right. But I am still in a good mood because of my first pass . 9.49 @ 149 . That is my best to date. My 60 foot on that pass was not my best @ 1.71 but The end result is what made me smile. The only change that I did to the bike was add 10lbs of air in the front and rear tires. I was running 18lbs in the back and lower than I thought @ 28 in the front. Big difference with 38f/28r. So now it's time to drop the motor and send it away to get her polished up and ready for next year. I will try to scan my ticket later on this week I have to get it out of trailer when I pick up my bike.:eek:ccasion1
 

·
Bloo Moderator
Joined
·
23,742 Posts
Not sure if I am reading this right...are you saying your bud droped the bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluedevil said:
Not sure if I am reading this right...are you saying your bud droped the bike?
No with the extra weight on a bike that is set up for a 135lb rider a little wheelie and a the pan hit the ground and pushed the drain plug up and groundit down. Now it is like a leaky fauset.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,049 Posts
I run 50-70psi in the front tire and 35-45 in the rear.

Great time by the way. :thumbsup:
 

·
Bloo Moderator
Joined
·
23,742 Posts
maze said:
No with the extra weight on a bike that is set up for a 135lb rider a little wheelie and a the pan hit the ground and pushed the drain plug up and groundit down. Now it is like a leaky fauset.
ah I see...good times by the way keep it up. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ruthless Racing said:
I run 50-70psi in the front tire and 35-45 in the rear.

Great time by the way. :thumbsup:
Wow, The guy that told me to bump it up said to keep going up in the rear until it it spins then take it down a notch.I'll mess with it a little more next season. I ran 50lbs in the tires when I did the top speed stuff and seeing as you run it and it is working I'll try that also. You use super corsas though and I use shinko 003.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bluedevil said:
ah I see...good times by the way keep it up. :thumbsup:
Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,228 Posts
Maze, what gearing do you have?

More great info from Ruthless. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
1killer1liter said:
Maze, what gearing do you have?

More great info from Ruthless. Thanks.
16/42


and yea ruthless gives some good info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
06green said:
1.71 60foot and went 9.49??daaaaaaaamn
I've been in the consistant 1.60 range but not yesterday. I can't complain though. I was also told the the 330' time and mph counts more than the 60' but that is the first time that I have heard that. I will see how that plays out. My times are really all over the place as far as that goes but at the last mirock race my best et was 9.52 @ 147mph w/ 1.61 60' so go figure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,049 Posts
maze said:
I've been in the consistant 1.60 range but not yesterday. I can't complain though. I was also told the the 330' time and mph counts more than the 60' but that is the first time that I have heard that. I will see how that plays out. My times are really all over the place as far as that goes but at the last mirock race my best et was 9.52 @ 147mph w/ 1.61 60' so go figure.
60FT is important, but on bikes the 330FT is what I look at. It shows you how fast you are getting to WOT.

I've ran the Shinko 003 before, but once I tried the Pirelli there is no way I'd go back. The Pirelli is around 1lb. lighter, the 003 I had to run 20-25psi to hook, I run 35-45psi depending on track conditions. The SuperCorsa SC2 is a road race tire so after the drag strip use you can also go road race.:mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
06green said:
true true what were your 330's??
When I post my slips " if I ever get around to it" I'll find out. I have to look at them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ruthless Racing said:
60FT is important, but on bikes the 330FT is what I look at. It shows you how fast you are getting to WOT.

I've ran the Shinko 003 before, but once I tried the Pirelli there is no way I'd go back. The Pirelli is around 1lb. lighter, the 003 I had to run 20-25psi to hook, I run 35-45psi depending on track conditions. The SuperCorsa SC2 is a road race tire so after the drag strip use you can also go road race.:mrgreen:
I like the perelli also but the shinko is easier to come by. I might try it again next year. You use the 180/55/17 ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,049 Posts
maze said:
I like the perelli also but the shinko is easier to come by. I might try it again next year. You use the 180/55/17 ?
Yeah, I run the 180/55/17.

Catch up with Richie's Tires(704)201-6383 at the next MIROCK race and get you a scuff just to try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ruthless Racing said:
Yeah, I run the 180/55/17.

Catch up with Richie's Tires(704)201-6383 at the next MIROCK race and get you a scuff just to try.
Thanks. I always see richies tires over on psychobike. Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
230 lbs can wheelie?! Only joking but before i lowered my bike my dad would occasionally ride my zx6r, hes about 6' 3" and 340ish lbs. My poor bike was squating like it was lauching with 10lbs of boost....Glad to hear your hitting the low 9's what mods do you have, or just link me to a place that you already listed them.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top