Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met up with bluedevil last night at the strip to see how the 3rd gen arm worked. Had alot of fun and the bike is running strong. Got some good tips and tricks from a grudge racer that I'm going to try. Hopefully bluedevil will chime in.
First pass:
Reaction: .319
I1: 1.908
I2: 4.534
I3: 6.650
I4:
MPH(I3): 118.034
E.T.: 10.054
MPH: 138.046

Second pass:
Reaction: .286
I1: 1.785
I2: 4.649
I3:6.865
MPH(I3): 113.898
I4: 8.753
E.T.: 10.358
MPH: 134.516

Third pass:
Reaction: .230
I1: 1.821
I2: 4.512
I3:
MPH(I3):
I4: 8.851
E.T.: 10.474
MPH: 136.970

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
What's up with the MPH differing so much? Second pass would have been good if it wouldn't have wheelied. What's your setup and how much do you weigh.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's up with the MPH differing so much? Second pass would have been good if it wouldn't have wheelied. What's your setup and how much do you weigh.
Bike wb is 53.xx inches. 2nd pass wheelied twice. 3rd pass miss shifted twice. lowered, strapped and I weigh 203 nekkid.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Doesn't the 3rd gen arm shorten the wb?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Man that thing has to be a handful being that short, good job.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man that thing has to be a handful being that short, good job.
I have a few tricks up my sleeve to help keep the nose on the ground. I can lower it about half an inch more in the rear.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

Something has been up with my track for well over a year now the ET is accurate but my MPH has been really down it can sway real easy and always low now. Thanks to 1killer it was confirmed it’s not my bike we had one run where we both crossed the finished line at the same time and had exactly 138mph had one run before Jeremy showed up did 10.1s @133mph I was so pissed until we got to race and then knew it wasn't the bike it's the track.

So today Jeremy was testing his New 08 Swing Arm I was testing what a Shinko Hook-up feels like and Brand New clutch, well almost….frictions/Judder Plate and aftermarket springs.

All I have to say is I love the HOOK-UP our track had NO PREP whatsoever even at the starting line and it rained for the last several days. In fact it may have Hooked to good getting to much Air :lol: but was glad I had it on…..also the clutch seemed much better than what I have been running for the last 2yrs :thumbsup:

I know how you guys love videos my 12yr old son took some Vids of our runs and ran into someone else I use to work with(member also) he posted a Vid on Youtube as well…here is a few will download the others shortly:

This was the best of the 3 Runs of the night(fastest too no cars that went faster than that :wink: ) by 1killer 10.05s good run Jeremy as this bike is very short now with the 08 Swing arm:

My first Run of the day before 1killer showed up I only did 4 runs 3 with 1killer:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
nice runs man :thumbsup: you was movin on that 1st pass. was them runs with the 15t i sent ya ?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
nice runs man :thumbsup: you was movin on that 1st pass. was them runs with the 15t i sent ya ?

Yeah I want too know to because 1killer was catching me easy at the end bike was running good. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Another Run by me and 1killer:

Reactions: 1killer1liter

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
bloo, when did you transplant a V-Twin into the Bloo bike??

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
listen to when you guys line up, the dude on the Twin was revving. sounds like your bike. lol

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Last Run of the night, over all a good night for fun yeah we didn't get the times we wanted hit the Rev limiter or missed shifts etc :helmet: but was fun to get out and play. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
listen to when you guys line up, the dude on the Twin was revving. sounds like your bike. lol
yeah that was annoying f'sho.....but make no mistake it's not close to what my bike sounds like or as fast :mrgreen: :headshake:wink:

bloo

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I lol'ed was all. it was just timed really really well

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Blood a good way to tell if your et is off or just MPH is to subtract your 1/8 mile time from your 1/4 Mike time. Also do the same thing for a timeslip that's shows good MPH.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts